Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cant email South Bay Crochet re sock pattern

Posted by quirkpod (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 28, 06 at 9:57

I am having trouble crocheting the heel for this pattern but the email link gives me an error message. Anyone from this group out there? Anyone able to help me with this crochet pattern? Thank you. PS: There is an error in the pattern that left me not knowing where to insert the hook. It says "continue in a coil (right side facing): Ch1. Sc1 into the first chain." It should say "into the first st." Also, the pattern desperately needs to be illustrated where the short rows begin the heel so that someone who has never made a heel will know what it needs to look like. Perhaps the pattern should give a difficulty rating at the beginning, which I would say is intermediate. "Insert hook in sc row-end below current st" is meaningless to the inexperienced. http://members.aol.com/sbaycgoa.patsock.htm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cant email South Bay Crochet re sock pattern

I have also been trying this pattern and having troulbe with the decrease and increase rows. They are not making any sense to me on how you increase them back. All I need is a diagram or understandable pattern. I have also emailed them and got no response.
I am happy to hear I am not the only one, I have used many patterns on the internet and if there are any difficulties you can usally get a response.

o
RE: cant email South Bay Crochet re sock pattern

GOOD NEWS!!! I have successfully redesigned the heel and have finished one pair of the most gorgeous socks for around the house, using 2 strands of worsted. They are so cozy for sleeping in, too! WOW! They are wonderful! Please contact me and I will give you the new and improved version of this pattern, edited by me. Melpearce: you have left no way for me (or anyone else) to contact you about this and/or to send you the improved pattern. Have you considered updating your page to give us an email link? It is a vital part of this forum to provide the email link, and it is a safe way to correspond without giving out your email addy. Please reconsider. Please tell us how you emailed the maker of the pattern. I could not find any such email addy or link at the pattern site. Did I miss it? The more people who email them, the more likely they will accomodate our requests for help. Thanks for anything you can do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here