Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

A couple of FO's

donna_loomis
15 years ago

I finished the BSJ I was making for Exaiden and he agreed to model it for us even though it is over 100 degrees outside.

I also finished the Delft Delight afghan that has been shoved aside everytime I had something else to do. Even though there was little sewing and all the squares were crocheted onto each other, it just bored me SO much. There were 148 ends to weave in PER SQUARE! Add the edging to that and there were over 2200 ends to weave in! I hope somebody kicks me in the head if I ever say I want to make that one again, LOL.

Comments (9)

• Maggie4
    15 years ago

Hi Donna, Beautiful afghan and cute sweater. Now I'll have to try that sweater. Love the colors on both. Over 100 out in sunny Ca. Just over 45 here. Burrr. I have started my sweater again.......
    Beautiful little model. Can see he loves Grammy.
    Stay cool

• brenoreo
    15 years ago

You do beautiful work! Your little model is precious and shows off your work beautifully. I don't like working in the ends on crochet either, and cannot make myself work on something like a bedspread because of making so many of the same square and then having to sew it together. My hat is off to you. Thanks for sharing.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

Another cute BSJ and grandson! But, Donna, you have to be crazy to make an afghan requiring that many ends to be worked in. Perhaps I should say that if you weren't crazy, you are now after doing all those ends! I think only a masochist or someone doing serious penance would make an afghan with that many ends to work in. Imagine if you were making that pattern into a full size coverlet!!!!!!

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sheilajoyce, you're right. I AM crazy. I don't know what I was thinking when I began the project. And don't let the picture fool you. That thing is more than 4' wide and 6' long. Believe me, I am not a masochist, so I guess I am "absolved" for a long time to come, LOL.

• tami_ohio
    15 years ago

Cute model, and an absolutely gorgeous afghan!

• suebdoo
    15 years ago

donna, your work is just beautiful!
    Exaiden is a little sweetheart!
    Thanks for sharing.

Sue

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Donna, if you don't mind me asking, how old is your little model? I made a BSJ and wasn't quite sure what size it is for and no one to model it on.

Love your afgan!

Rebecca

• donna_loomis
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rebecca, Exaiden is 13 months old. I used worsted weight and either size 7 or 8 needles. I just finished it last week and I can't remember. I really am getting old, LOL.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Thanks Donna! I need to add cuffs, a collar and the buttons and it will be ready to give away. I do know a couple of little ones in that age range. I also did mine in worsted on size 8 needles.

Rebecca

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions