Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Knitted Dishcloth Pattern Anyone?

Posted by trudymom (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 26, 09 at 6:52

Do any of you have a favorite tried and true knitted dishcloth pattern you'd like to share?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Knitted Dishcloth Pattern Anyone?

Here's my favorite. Very simple but not boring.
It's the blue one in the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: dishcloth pattern

o

Thank you calicokitty. I am going to try them all!! Any others?

o

try www.knittingpatterncentral.com

o

I cast on 30-40 st, then knit every row until done. That is, until the piece looks square or to the end of the skein. I use one skein cream and sugar cotton yarn. And size 5 or 6 needles. Leave about a yard of yarn at the end, then use it to and crochet a loop for hanging at one corner. These work up quickly and make great gifts. I enclose a note saying they are 100% cotton and can be used either as a washcloth ot dishcloth.

o

Calico Kitty, those are nice patterns.

My question is: does anyone really wash these in cold water and lay flat to dry?

o

socks12345, I never have. Always just throw them in with my regular laundry.

o

I "never" lay mine flat to dry. Depending on the weather, they either dry on the line, or in the dryer.

Thanks for posting the link for the patterns. I will have to try them. I always make the same ole, same ole... you know, the one you start with four stitches and increase every row, then degrease every row till you are back to four stitches.

Moni

o

There are many, many dishcloth groups that provide two or more patterns - different ones! - each month. (And they usually have archives so you can knit the patterns from the months and years you have missed.)
Do a Search for "knitting dishcloth group".

My favourite group is Monthly Dishcloth KAL.
(KAL being Knit A-Long.)

Happy knitting,
Jane2 here, Janey on other knitting blogs

o

Great idea, Jane2!! Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here