Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need wonderful chemo cap patterns

Posted by jaedwards (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 23:21

okay....I have an adequate crochet chemo cap pattern. It's pretty cute. I was even going to make some up for my girls at Christmas. BUT, now my best friend started chemo today (lung CA). She is a stylish city girl and I want to make her something special. I can knit and crochet.

thanks for your help & send positive thought her way.

Oh...after reading the other thread....I've always knit European & didn't know until I tried to teach my left-handed daughter to knit and looked in a book to see if there was a difference between right and left! She thought it was pretty funny that I was doing it "wrong"!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need wonderful chemo cap patterns

Head Huggers is a great site,
with knitted, crocheted and sewn patterns - for adults AND children.

Here is a link that might be useful: chemo cap pattern page

o

My favorite is the "No Hair Day" hat. It's at the website Jane gave the link for. When Mom was taking chemo a couple of years ago I made her several of them in Fun Fur. She said they were so soft (scalp got tender) and airy so she didn't perspire underneath. And even though I made some of them in wild colors, every time she wore one someone thought it was really her hair. They thought she was a hip old lady.

o

here's another site that you can use - since it's from me, it is obviously for crochet caps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochet Cancer Cap Links

o

Here's a pattern for a funky knit hat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hallowig

o

Thanks for all the resources! There are so many options...from classy to very funny. I know that Hallowig will put a smile on her face. The "no hair day" cap looks brilliant!

Off to the store!

Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here