Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to finish Knifty Knitter scarf?

Posted by bunny_lover (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 22:03

My DD learned and then taught me how to do the Knifty Knitter scarf. I have it as long as I want it, but I do not know how to finush it and take it off the loom.

I have zippo craft skills, so please help me!

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to finish Knifty Knitter scarf?

I would slip stitch crochet it off. I'm putting a link in for an image page to show you how to do slip stitch crochet. Where the image on the link is showing you the chain (1 2 3 & 4) you would be using the loops on the peg as the chain.

So the last peg you used and where the tail of the yarn from your ball is hanging down would be #1 of the "chain" and where you insert your crochet hook first.

Put your crochet hook in the first loop on the peg and pull it off the peg so that it's now on the crochet hook then you should be ready to do the slip stitch to get it off the KK hope this helps ;0)

Here is a link that might be useful: how to slip stitch

o
RE: How to finish Knifty Knitter scarf?

I am going to get a crochet hook tomorrow at WalMart. Thank you so much for your help and the link is very good!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here