Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

knitting at night baseball games

sheilajoyce_gw
17 years ago

My DS took me to a cute yarn shoppe by her home. They have planned two outings for knitters and crocheters. One is a cruise of the bay. The other is a night baseball game of the Angels and the Mariners next week. They book a block of seats for the group, and they will be recognized on the big screen.

The owner of the shoppe showed me an interesting pair of knitting needles. They were plastic, and if you twisted the knob at the end of each needle, the tips of the needles lit up for easy viewing of what you are knitting at a night baseball game or in the theater or car too.

Comments (3)

• TommeCA
    17 years ago

The SF Giants recently sponsored "Stitch-N-Pitch" night. You bought a special Stitch-n-Pitch ticket, and along with the ticket you got a knitting bag, some skeins of yarn (in Giants' colors, 'natch), a pair of needles, and some instructions on knitting a SF cap. It was a fun event and I saw lots and lots of knitters at the game. Between one of the innings they had a "knitting contest" - it was totally staged but really fun. A couple of knitters competed against each other by speed knitting, knitting over their head, and finally, knitting with baseball bats. Very cute.

My husband and I are season ticket holders, so we already had tickets to the game. I was able to noodle my ticket rep into getting one of the bags for me. I'm showing a photo below of the bag and its contents.

FWIW, I knit at night games all the time and never need any additional lighting. I am careful to take items that can be washed, in the event of a spilled beer or soda. If I don't have something going that is washable, then I'll take cotton and do a little washcloth - I can usually get a cloth done during the ride down and the game - plus it's not too large to tote around the stadium.

I saw those "flashlight" needles and didn't like the feel too much. But, I wouldn't mind having a pair for the novelty of taking them out of my knitting bag while we're camping or at an outdoor movie.

Here is a link that might be useful: SF Giants Stitch-n-Pitch Bag

• lawmar
    17 years ago

Wow! What a neat promotion. I would love to be able to participate in something like that, but alas, I live in Montana and no such thing happens here like that. But it's pretty neat!!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I am a Cubs fan, but heck, I'd be a Giants fan for a day for that! Ha Ha.

• jannie
    17 years ago

I've heard of those light-up needles. A lady at Michaels told me about them. I didn't see any in the store but I'll check again in the future. Sounds great to me.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions