Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help on facial features

Posted by skidooprncess (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 19:53

I am crocheting the "Bears on my Blanket" pattern from Mary Maxim. The instructions say to "sew all facial features on head and muzzle" (i.e. eyes and nose). I am TREMENDOUSLY terrible at this. the eyes come out looking like lopsided crosses between circles, squares and triangles. Does anyone have any suggestions? I hate to use felt, as I don't want anything that a baby can pull off. I have been crocheting for 31 years and STILL have a problem with this!!!!!!
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated as right now I am at a standstill until i can figure this out.
Thanks, and happy crocheting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help on facial features

How about doing French Knots for the eyes? Haven't tried
French Knots yet so don't know how it would come out!
Here are instructions if needed:
http://www.feelingstitchy.com/2007/06/french-knot.html
http://primrosedesign.blogspot.com/2006/10/stitch-school-french-knot.html
http://www.cameoroze.com/101/sti_french.htm
Hope this helps and good luck.

o

Thank you - i will give it a try - what do i have to lose? I already have to cut out the stitching i previously did, so if I have to cut out another, no biggie. Appreciate it.

o

Hi,
I made this blanket for my grandson, it took awhile to get the feel, but just did little circles . start with a chain 3, then do some single crochets in a circle to get the right size. If you want the eyes larger, do a second round. I played with it, have fun. Mine is unique in its own way, I lined the back of it in white fleece, and embroidered something special on it for my grandson. It will be treasured for years... have fun with it!!!Need any more help, let me know....

o

Thanks pandora - did you use just a chain for sleeping bear (his eyes are "closed")
You can go to my page and email me - may be easier that way!
Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here