Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shopping for baby blue yarns

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 24, 06 at 19:29

Well, DD called today. They are having a boy. So on my errands today, I stopped by Michael's and bought my first skein of blue yarn. Did not want to commit to pink or blue before this and jinx it somehow.

I am knittng a jacket in a 6 months size as soon as I settle down with my knitting needles, which is next on the agenda.

Everyone is soooo happy. This is the first grandbaby on both sides, and I am the grandma who knits and crochets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shopping for baby blue yarns

Oh Sheilajoyce, that's just great! Isn't life funny...who would think shopping for blue yarn could be such a high moment!

Every stitch will be made with love. Have fun!

o

Don't forget. Those bright crayon colours look so good on little boy babies.

o

there are so many shades of blue that you could knit and crochet forever! I particularly like the Bernat Softee Baby and have used the Baby Denim Marls and His Jeans Ombre. Enjoy and let us know if you need any particular pattern now that you know it's a boy!

o

Yes, Mirin, I love the crayon red, blue, yellow and sometimes green. I make a boy's cardigan that way. The back is one color, the sleeves are two other colors, and the fronts 2 different colors and maybe a repeat or both a repeat. Sooooo cute for a boy.

o

there's a great crayon afghan on Crochetme

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochetme

o

Congrats to you and your family. Making baby things is my favorite...enjoy!

Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here