Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a knitted xmas stocking X LARGE

Posted by krazyknitter (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 07 at 18:42

I am looking for a pattern to knit a LARGE xmas stocking......hope someone can help me tk you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a knitted xmas stocking X LARGE

krazyknitter, can you already knit socks? If so, unless you want to knit a design into it, just cast on as many stitches as you want. At the heel, you will still devide the sts in half for the heel flap. To turn the heel, you will still purl to 2 sts past center, purl 2 tog, purl 1, turn. Follow the heel turning directions for your basic sock pattern, just use your numbers, instead of the ones given. The basic instructions stay the same.

I did a green and white stocking this way for my grandson's first Christmas. White band at the top, I graphed out his name and did that in red in the white band (my one and only attempt at knitting in a design!), then the rest of the stocking in green. It's probably 6 or 7 inches across the top, and 12 or 14 inches long. Foot is probably 10" long. Theses measurements are from memory, as the stocking is packed away, but it was simple to do without a pattern, except for the graph I made of his name.

Tami

o

Tami..........tks for the info.yes i do knit socks and i will try the lager size again tk you

o

Here's a link that might help. It has several stocking patterns. Have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas patterns

o

You are very welcome. It actually didn't take me as long as I thought it would, since I used worsted weight yarn and bigger needles.

Carol_Ann, I'm going to check out your link, also. We could use some new stockings.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here