Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scarves for 2009 Special Olympics

Posted by monicatx (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 17:06

Hi: I don't know if your interested but I thought I'd pass this along. Coats & Clark is sponsoring a project to provide the 2009 Special Olympics Winter Games with handmade scarves. They are just asking for scarves and/or hats. The colors must be delft blue (885) and white (311) Red Heart Super Saver yarn or the Olympics committee will not let them be used. It's a neat idea, so I'm going to try and make one and thought I'd send the info.

For more info and where to mail the scarves go to Clarks and Coats Special Olympics. Also the date they must receive the donations.

MonicaTX

Here is a link that might be useful: clarks and coats special olympics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scarves for 2009 Special Olympics

I just read about this last night. I had a little delft blue in my stash and a lot of white, so I have one about 1/3 made. Going to run errands today to find more delft blue. I may resort to crocheting as that goes so much faster, but right now I am knitting a ribbed, widely striped scarf. They are trying to get 5,000 scarves made by volunteers and mailed to them by January 15--one for every athlete and volunteer. I think we can do this. The yarn you must use is Red Heart Super Saver delft blue and white (Special Olympics colors) in a scarf measuring 5 3/4 inches by about 60 inches. Though they give a crochet and a knitting pattern, any pattern will do in that size.

o

For your info: A friend just told me that she went to three local stores and Walmart was the only store that had the Delft Blue that we need. Hope you can make a scarf.

o

I found Delft blue at Michael's.

o

Oops, no, it was WalMart.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here