Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calicokitty_gw

How is this done?

calicokitty
14 years ago

The instructions say TOH (Top of Heart)

Sl next 3 sts as if to knit, pass 2nd st on right needle over the first st, slip this st back to left needle * pass 2nd st on left needle over first st, slip this st back to right needle. Rep from * once. K the st that remains.

Here's a picture, if that helps.

Comments (14)

• sheilajoyce_gw
    14 years ago

You are essentially binding off two stitches when you pass one over the other.

Just start the row and follow the directions step by step. It looks easy to me -- you are switching the stitches from one needle to the other and pulling one stitch (st) over the other.

What don't you understand?

Slip the next three stitches as if to knit. Pass the 2nd stitch on the right needle over the first stitch and off the needle. Now pass the first stitch on the right needle onto the left needle. Pass the 2nd stitch on the left needle over the first stitch and off the needle. Then pass the 1st stitch on the left needle onto the right needle. Repeat. I think you are making the dip in the top of the heart. That is a cute pattern!!

• donna_loomis
    14 years ago

You are doing a double decrease and it is symetrical. As Sheila Joyce said, just follow the steps and you'll see that it works. Nice pattern.

• calicokitty
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for your help Sheila Joyce and Donna. It's making sense now and when I tried it on a practice swatch, it seems to work. I'm pretty sure I can tackle this pattern now.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    14 years ago

What a pretty pattern. It almost looks crocheted with knit hearts. Baby blankets are fun to do...makes you smile (once you figure out the pattern!!)

-Babka

• calicokitty
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't even have a baby in mind, nor an expectant mother to give this to. But I love the pattern so much, I just have to make it!

• crochetmama
    14 years ago

Wow calicokitty, that is a gorgeous afghan. Could you tell me where I could find the pattern? I have a close friend whos daughter is having a baby and that would be perfect. Thanks

• katy122
    14 years ago

Calicokitty::: Where could we find that pattern??? It is just beautiful, would love to knit that one up.. Sue

• calicokitty
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The pattern is from Herrschner's Award Winning Baby Afghans 2004.

• donna_loomis
    14 years ago

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot that I had that one. It is now at the top of my to do list.

• gemini40
    14 years ago

Do you think you could give us the instrucitons for this afghan it is gorgeous?

• katy122
    14 years ago

I tried to get a back issue of Herrscners 2004 and they were unable to supply it, now how can we get this pattern???

• calicokitty
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Keep your eye on ebay, maybe?

• empress
    14 years ago

calicokitty,
    I sent you an e-mail. Did you get it?
    Valerie

• Lindsey_CA
    14 years ago

The pattern book is available on eBay.