Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Introducing myself!

Posted by rmlanza (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 16:49

Hi there, I usually hang out on the kitchen forum (remodeled last year...glad THAT'S over with!!!). I'm Robin, 38 and a stay at home mom of 3. A few years ago I found an old knitting book, some needles and a skein of yarn my mother had given me years before. She had taught me to knit as a little girl but I had long forgotten. With the help of that book I taught myself to knit again and have been knitting ever since. I also taught myself to crochet with the help of the about.com site. I'm constantly working on one project or another now. I still consider myself a beginning knitter, I don't do much more than scarves, belts, washcloths and baby blankets. I've attempted sweaters a couple of times but don't have much patience for long projects. For a while I was more into crocheting and feel I'm a bit more experienced with that now than with knitting. I like small projects and love that with crochet, you can make different shapes easier than with knitting. I love making flowers to dress up my daughter's jean jacket, fridgies (which I turned into pins) for teacher's gifts, potholders, tote bags, and various other small projects. I'm sure I'll be checking in frequently to trade patterns and tips with others on this forum. Here are some pics of my most recent knitted washcloth craze. I just mailed off the Snoopy, Woodstock and Elmo ones to my friend's toddler today, the lighthouse one is for my MIL. I just finished up a dragonfly one today but haven't yet taken a picture of it. Let me know what you think! I know they're easy to make, but they're fun and I don't get bored with them!
Snoopy:
Photobucket
Woodstock:
Photobucket
Elmo:
Photobucket
lighthouse:
Photobucket

Robin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Introducing myself!

Hello rmlanza,
It's very nice to meet you and I do love your washcloths
they are adorable!

Sue

o

So cute! Do you think the washcloths will work as a form of bribery to help motivate little boys to scrub their faces????

Those little figures would look darling on the fronts and backs of sweaters.

I learned to knit the same way. My mother taught me how to knit and purl when I was about 8 or 10. My mom died a few years later and I never really knit again other than that one winter.

Then when I was in college, knitting bulky sweaters was the rage, so I bought a pattern book, taught myself how to cast on with no instructions, just remembering how my mom used her hands. Took a little experimenting.

o

These washcloths are adorable and fun...every child would love to use them, how cute!!!
I do not knit and can appreciate how beautifull the craft is when I see intricate patterns on a washcloth..very clever!! Welcome to the gardenweb...

o

WOW Robin! you do great work! those are to cute:)

o

Welcome to the forum! Those are great! Where did you get the patterns? My grandson is five and my nephew is six. They would love them.

Tami

o

Thanks everyone, the cloths are fun, fast and easy. My favorite types of patterns! They came from the knitting pattern central site under dishcloths. They list them in alphabetical order but these, because of copyrights I'm assuming, are listed as the "beagle cloth", "woody cloth", and "furry red monster cloth". The lighthouse one is also on that site but because of the k2tog and skpo and yo's, they are a tiny bit more difficult than the others. The others are all just knit and purl. I'll post the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: knitting pattern central dishcloth patterns

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here