Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rmlanza

Introducing myself!

rmlanza
15 years ago

Hi there, I usually hang out on the kitchen forum (remodeled last year...glad THAT'S over with!!!). I'm Robin, 38 and a stay at home mom of 3. A few years ago I found an old knitting book, some needles and a skein of yarn my mother had given me years before. She had taught me to knit as a little girl but I had long forgotten. With the help of that book I taught myself to knit again and have been knitting ever since. I also taught myself to crochet with the help of the about.com site. I'm constantly working on one project or another now. I still consider myself a beginning knitter, I don't do much more than scarves, belts, washcloths and baby blankets. I've attempted sweaters a couple of times but don't have much patience for long projects. For a while I was more into crocheting and feel I'm a bit more experienced with that now than with knitting. I like small projects and love that with crochet, you can make different shapes easier than with knitting. I love making flowers to dress up my daughter's jean jacket, fridgies (which I turned into pins) for teacher's gifts, potholders, tote bags, and various other small projects. I'm sure I'll be checking in frequently to trade patterns and tips with others on this forum. Here are some pics of my most recent knitted washcloth craze. I just mailed off the Snoopy, Woodstock and Elmo ones to my friend's toddler today, the lighthouse one is for my MIL. I just finished up a dragonfly one today but haven't yet taken a picture of it. Let me know what you think! I know they're easy to make, but they're fun and I don't get bored with them!

Snoopy:

Woodstock:

Elmo:

lighthouse:

Robin

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions