Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I made lace!

Posted by craftfetish (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 30, 06 at 16:48

I just finished my first lace project (the branching out scarf from knitty).

That is all. I just needed to brag for a minute.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I made lace!

Congratulations. Is it for you or for gifting? All the scarves I make I give away as I live in a warm climate.

o

Congratulations! I'm just now attempting my first lace piece. Like my first pair of socks, I was totally intimidated by lace. And where is a picture of your scarf? I want to see!

o

Thanks guys!

This first one I made for my mom, as her birthday is in a week. But I have enough yarn left and have cool enough winters, that I will probably be making another one for myself.

Funny you should mention socks, Donna. They are next on my list. I need to practice using DPNs a bit moer and then I'm going to go for it.

Pictures of my scarf are on my blog (link below).

Here is a link that might be useful: craftfetish blog

o

I like that! You really did a nice job. And your furbaby is adorable, too.

o

Your scarf is beautiful! I know your mom will love it. Did your dog get a cookie for posing so nicely? :)

Donna

o

Try wooden double pointed needles, and use 5. I make my own with wooden dowel, an emery board, fine sandpaper, and a pencil sharpener. Either wax them with waxed paper or rub hand cream into them to keep them smooth when you have them nicely sanded. Wood dp needles are not as slippery as metal ones, and sooooo much easier to use.

o

I second Sheilajoice's suggestion about wooden dpns. The metal tend to be heavy and slide right out of the stitches, and I just hate plastic.

o

Thanks for the DPN tips. I'll give that a shot.

(and of course my dog got a cookie :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here