Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet pattern for train afghan

Posted by Kids6plus9 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 05 at 16:09

A few years ago Herrschners had a kit (pattern & yarn) to make an afghan with a train worked into it. I now have a 2yr.old grandson who loves trains. Of course the kit is no longer available from Herrschners. I've called them and they don't have the pattern either. Please let me know if you can help me find that pattern or a similar one. Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet pattern for train afghan

You might search on eBay for the kit... I've often seen kits for sale there that someone bought years ago, and now are being sold. Keep it as a permanent search, then when one comes up for sale, you will be notified.

Also, take a look at the link below. There is a crocheted train afghan in the book titled "Creative Hands Picture Afghans." It is shown on the cover. (It's the 24th item down!) If that one appeals to you, you could also keep a search for it on eBay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Hands Picture Afghans

o

Gail, I don't have that pattern, but I do have a booklet from House of White Birches for a crocheted choo choo train. I would be happy to send it to you if you email me your address.

Here is a link that might be useful: choo choo

o
Choo Choo

I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you that the link I posted is not mine. I am not selling this book. I would like to give it to you if you are interested.

o

I also was looking for this pattern. Mary Maxim has the pattern in their archives. Call Mary Maxim at (800)962-9504 and ask for the crochet pattern for the locomotive in their archive. You can purchase the pattern by itself or you can also purchase the yarn through them also.

o

Thank you. I'll check out Mary Maxim's archives.

o

Ok I have a question how do you look at mary maxims archives I have been to the siteand never can find any archives is there a special link? i would love to look in mary maxims archives please email me the link if possible thanks
Sorry I dont have a the train afghan patttern from herheners but i do believe I have one that has a train on it if you are interested email me ladybuvg89@hotmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here