Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lace afghan netting instructions

Posted by grammy42 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 07 at 15:47

I am interested in making afghans from lace afghan netting and yarn. I can find the netting in stores but have not been able to find any patterns. Does anyone know where to get these patterns. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lace afghan netting instructions

I have to confess total ignorance on this... I don't know what lace afghan netting is. Can you explain it so I'll know? And, did you ever find any patterns?

o

Grammy, I think I have a couple of patterns. I think they are in a Crochet with Heart magazine, but they might be from Workbasket. I'll try to remember to look this weekend and let you know if I still have them.

Carol Ann, if it's what I'm thinking of, the lace is an open mesh that you weave the yarn through to create the design.

Donna

o

It is bought by the yard. My sister-in-law bought it in a kit many years ago. She has been able to buy the lace but couldn't find any more patterns. They have some of the material at Hobby lobby.

o

The only place to get the patterns was in the old kits (except for one leaflet which I have -"Afghan Heirlooms"). I have been trading these patterns (from the 80's-90's) with several other ladies over the past year and have collected many. Are you interested in any one (or more) in particular? I could send you a list. What patterns do you have?

o

I don't really have a pattern. I took one of my sister-in-laws afghans she made and used it to make one. It is a zigzag pattern. I would be interested in any you would be willing to share. Do you know of any place you can buy the kits. Thank you for replying.

o

I have located a retailer for the afghan lace/netting. If anyone is interested, its very inexpensive. Also I am interested in trading patterns or free patterns. Please email me if interested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here