Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iambusyknitting

sesame street patterns

iambusyknitting
18 years ago

Hi knitters,

This is my first post. I hope someone can help me. Many years ago I made a child's sweater with cookie monster on the back and a small c.m. face on the front pocket. I also had a pattern for big birds face. I am looking for sesame steet character patterns.

Thank you

Comments (60)

• betty392
    18 years ago

I would really appreciate the Sesame character patterns. Thank you.

Betty

• heniko
    18 years ago

I am also looking for some Sesame Street patterns (especially Elmo and Cookie Monster). Could you please share what you have with me? Thank you.

• patty_Lyons
    18 years ago

I am looking for ANY spiderman knitting patterns. I was originally thinking of mittens, but I would also be interested in gloves, hat, scarves, socks. etc. It's for my 6 year old nephew.

• Grandma_Kay
    18 years ago

I am very interested in Elmo patterns for a toddlers ski cap. Thanks in advance!

• crochetmama
    18 years ago

I would love a copy of those patterns. My Granddaughter loves elmo and cookie. tia,

• bcsfinest1_shaw_ca
    18 years ago

I am looking for a bigbird pattern for knitting sweaters. Please send me some info. Thx alot Tammy.

• macyday57
    17 years ago

This is my first post as well and I am also looking for the cookie monster pattern as it was made for me when I was a child by my Nana and I wanted to make it for my son. If anyone could tell me how I could find it that would be great. Thank you

• iambusyknitting
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Macyday57
    Send me an email. I can email you back a scan of the pattern.
    Vicki

• macyday57
    17 years ago

Vicki
    My email address is jennvoelk@sasktel.net. Thank you so much!
    Jennifer

• fourmarg
    17 years ago

Ialso would appreciate having the sesame street patterns for knitting onto sweaters or hats. My e-mail is bp42168@aol.com
    Thanks in advance

• nmcdfc97
    17 years ago

Hi,

I would also appreciate receiving the sesame street patterns. My email address is nmcdfc@verizonmail.com. I have a friend who is pregnant and would love to knit an afghan with all of the characters on it.

Thanks a million!
    Nicole

• tpark
    17 years ago

Please forward the sesame street patterns to me as well.
    My email: tpark44@rrohio.com

Thank you!

My sister is desperately looking for a 1970's pattern for an Ernie crocheted doll character. Would you happen to have one of those?

• momofjuly3
    17 years ago

Hi - I've seen some posts here regarding Spiderman patterns for hats/mittens/scarves/etc ...

If anyone has anything out there they can share with me - I'm interested in starting this project for the upcoming holidays.

Thanks in advance!!

• kgw1261
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for any graphs of elmo for my 2 year granddaughter and if anyone knows of any graphs of the Bratz doll Chloe for my 5 year old granddaughter.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You so much. Karen
    My email is akw61@netscape.com

• patriciadressler_hotmail_com
    17 years ago

Hello!
    I am seeking any elmo patterns or graphs, I would like to knit a sweater and or a blanket for my nephew. If anyone has something that could help me please email me.

• willow100cm
    17 years ago

PLEASE!! I am so hoping that someone can help me find a pattern for a Big Bird hat; or someone could make me a pattern. I have been wearing it for years and desperate to get a new one because I cannot find mine. Winter just isn't the same. Haha! If anyone can give me an idea or anything, I would be so appreciative.

• some1uno
    17 years ago

Could I please have any of the Sesame Street character patterns available to share? Thanks a bunch!
    God Bless!

• vtop1944
    16 years ago

DustyO
    You are an answer to a prayer...I origionally had the cookie monster sweater pattern and the big bird sweater pattern, but lost them..I have a new grandchild on the way and REALLY want to make them for him..PLEASE email me at vtop44@gmail.com

I am so excited to find these..I bought them from Mary Maxim, but they don't carry them any more..

Thanks, Val

• suebdoo
    16 years ago

I know I've seen the patterns for discloths with Shrek and Elmo. I just can't remember where.

I'm sure it was on this site? Am I losing my marbles or did someone post this?

The washcloths/dishcloths were knitted using one colour.

If someone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

Sue

• pattie33
    16 years ago

There are many different knitting charts at the link below in case anyone is still looking for something.

Here is a link that might be useful: knitting charts

• profsusan
    16 years ago

here's the link within this forum

Here is a link that might be useful: dishcloth link

• suebdoo
    16 years ago

Thank you so much "Pattie" and "Susan"!
    I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again.
    Sue

• kyleann
    15 years ago

I am looking for a mary maxim sweater pattern that has cookie monster/big bird on it. I made it years ago for my children, and would like to make one for my granddaughter. Any help in locating one would be appreciated.

Thank you

• jeannelise
    15 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for the Mary Maxim patterns for Cookie Monster, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch. I am also looking for a pattern of Thomas the Tank Engine. I have three grandsons and would love to make sweaters with these characters for them. Can anyone help?

My email address is: jeannelise@verizon.net

Thanks.

• jamie1313
    15 years ago

Hi all, this is my first post. I am very interested in Sesame Street patterns, particularly Elmo or Bert. My first quest though is to find a Fozzy Bear from the Muppets pattern. If anyone has one, please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it!!!!
    thanks, jamie:)

• ladybuglove
    15 years ago

I would also love these patterns and I wold love to see how everyones turns out you can email me thru my page link. merry christmas

• happy-knitter
    15 years ago

HELLO: Eveyone on this site is so helpful in finding a pattern when someone needs one. I would like any Sesame Character HATS or SWEATER patterns. I have some great neices & nephews that LOVE Sesame Street. Also would like the Mary Maxim pattern of the John Deere Tractor for little boys. PLEASE HELP.
    Thanks in advance. My email address is
    pah@gaphinz.com Thanks - Pat

• margarita_69
    15 years ago

If anyone has a copy of the sesame street pattern can you please share it with me. My email is margarita_69@msn.com.

Thank you very much.

• loraineab
    15 years ago

I would also love the Cookie Monster Pattern, to make for my new granddaughter. Many thanks for sharing with me. Loraine

• loraineab
    15 years ago

Forgot to add my email to the above post for the Cookie Monster pattern, Many thanks, Loraine: l-schmidt@shaw.ca

• Shelly Villars
    14 years ago

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but looking for knitting pattern with cookie monster on it. My son received a sweater as a gift a couple of years ago but just started wearing it recently. It is starting to get a little small now and he wants to wear it all the time. I would like to make a bigger size as he is so in love with it..

If anyone could send me a pattern that would be great

shelbel271@msn.com

• margarita_69
    14 years ago

I am interested in this pattern. Can someone email it to me at margarita_69@msn.com

Thank you
    M

• laurajp
    14 years ago

Hello, this is my first time posting. Hope someone can help. My granddaughter loves Elmo - everything Elmo. I would like to sew, crochet or knit her an Elmo doll. If you can direct me to a generic stuffed animal (k or c) pattern, I can do the Elmo face, or if you have a pattern, I would appreciate it if you could share. Thanks.

• justlinda
    14 years ago

Here's a link to several Sesame Street characters. They provide a graph to knit (or crochet).....Elmo, Cookie Monster, etc.

They are listed under "Baby Things" part way down the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sesame Street Graphs.....

• doffidy
    13 years ago

Hi, I've just joined this site and have already gotten the Big Bird sweater pattern but if anyone still has the Cookie Monster pattern to share I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks. Dorothy

• elaineb1313
    13 years ago

I would LOVE this pattern too. My granddaughter is 4 months old, and I would be thrilled to make her a Sesame Street sweater. If anyone could email me the pattern, I would be very grateful!!!!!! ebraslow@yahoo.com

• doffidy
    13 years ago

I, also would like the Cookie Monster pattern. Thanks to anyone willing to e-mail it to me. dfac@msn.com
    Dorothy

• saraemmasmom
    13 years ago

I would love the Cookie Monster pattern. My oldest DD who's now a college freshman, wore that sweater as a child. It had been given to her as a hand me down from a close friend. I still have the sweater but it's quite worn. Would love to have the pattern for my newborn grand niece!

• Babka NorCal 9b
    13 years ago

For all of you looking for these patterns, Justlinda posted a link to them just a few messages above, back in '09. I checked and the link still works. Here it is again. OBTW, it is not a good idea to post your email addresses. There are programs that search forums for addresses, compile them, and sell them. You will begin to get a lot of spam.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Scroll Down for Cookie Monster

• d_lake_nf_sympatico_ca
    12 years ago

I would love to have the pattern for "Cookie Monster". I knit the sweater for my son about 25 years ago and I don't have the pattern. The pattern I had was from Mary Maxim but any pattern would suit. Thank you.

• m00min2k89_googlemail_com
    12 years ago

Hi. This is my first post and I am extremly delighted that I found this forum. I am currently looking for patterns of any Sesame Street characters as well as any of The Muppets such as Kermit or Miss Piggy. My email address is m00min2k89@googlemail.com

Please could you all help me out.
    Thanks x
    Natalie

• NewJerseyAnnie7
    12 years ago

Please,please, please send me the cookie monster pattern. Also any other Sesame St patterns anyone has. I made the Cookie Monster sweater from my grandchildren and now they are having their own children and I would love to make it again. Someone borrowed and did not return it. Thanks you for helping. My email is NjGaAnn@comcast.net.

• NewJerseyAnnie7
    12 years ago

I am still looking for the Cookie Monster pattern along with a fringe maker. The one I had at one time was by Susan Bates, plastic and it masured up to 6" fringe which was perfect. If any one knows where I can locate one I would appreciae it. My email address is NjGaAnn@comcast.net. Thanks everyone.

• Annie1221
    12 years ago

So happy to find this site! I too, am looking for a knitting pattern. Many years ago (28) I knit an adorable zip/cardigan sweater with Cookie Monster on the back for my daughter (Mary Maxim pattern). She loved it & lived in it until she couldn't zip it any longer. She has now blessed me with a wonderful grandson (who is now 2.5 y/o) & he is an Elmo nut. I would love to find an Elmo pattern/graph so I can knit a sweater for him. Any ideas from my fellow knitters? Your help is graciously appreciated! ~~Annie1221

• justlinda
    12 years ago

Hi, if it's just the Elmo pattern chart you need, you'll find one at this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Elmo Chart

• flowergirl26
    12 years ago

anyone still have the pattern to make a big bird doll. My grand daughter lost her 3 real one and now it is time for Nana to make her one/ Greatly appreciate it if you have it and cam e mail it to me. thanks, lori LSMS26@gmail.com

• conniebertin
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

In the 1980 I knitted an Elmo cardigan for my son. I have passed the cardigan to my sister who had younger children. She has recently passed the cardigan on to her grandson. The cardigan has been around for 30 years and is really pretty worn. I would really like to get to get another pattern. Can anyone out there help me. My email is cbertin@drummonds.com

• mollymagri
    8 years ago

Hi everyone I to am looking for the elmo design on a knitted sweater it was originally made by Mary Maxim if anyone has one to sell or share please contact me mollymagri@gmail.com I also have many many patterns that I can share

• mollymagri
    7 years ago

I did find Cookie Monster orig sweater patter from Mary maxim and I have Cookie Monster hat and mittens also from Mary maxim, I found an Elmo chart on line free and I just did that worked out well . I have made Elmo hats just made Cookie Monster pattern red etc again it looks great I'll share just don't know how to on this site

• mollymagri
    7 years ago

Just so everyone knows Mary maxim did have the rights to sesame at characters and her company no longer makes them and it seems nor does anyone else

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County
More Discussions