Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A finish and a WIP

Posted by acraftylady (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 12:57

I run a prayer shawl ministry at my church and just finished these and then started my next one. The last photo is the finish from the book as to what the whole thing looks like. I reall like the diamonds pattern and it's working up fairly quickly. Mary

photo 20140729_162422_zps86ebf9dd.jpg

photo 2564f1d1-a704-4fe7-b95f-e86b7b977209_zps403c8940.jpg

photo 20140805_131952_zpse2b00deb.jpg

photo 20140805_214330_zpsj80cipvv.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A finish and a WIP

Very nice! You do nice work. And it's a wonderful ministry.

o

How interesting and how beautiful thanks for sharing

o

Gorgeous! I love the edging! I was making prayers shawls and slacked off while I was learning to knit lace shawls.

Bless you and your group, I know thy are appreciated.

o

Thanks all. Mary

o

Really like that pink one, pattern is lovely.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a prayer shawl- how does it differ from an ordinary shawl?

o

Prayer shawls are blessed by our priest then people can take one for someone in need of healing like going through chemo and stuff like that. When they take one the recipients name is put into a book and we pray over their healing every week.

We had someone receive one of our shawls that had something wrong with their leg and was in great pain and after wearing our shawl he said the pain went away and when he went back to the Dr what ever was wrong with his leg mysteriously dissapeard and Dr's were baffled how that happened as it was not something minor that would just go away but we truly believe it was the prayer shawl. A lot of people tell us they get great comfort when they wear our shawls. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here