Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need to go faster

Posted by illigar (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 9, 06 at 7:59

I have been crocheting for 30 years.
I can go pretty fast and make those bed dolls in 3 days.
The ones with pillow base and thats including the hand sewing of the lace.The dolls stand 13-15" tall.Like Audry from fiber craft...Anyway thats not fast enough for me.
With any kind of wearables I can't really change hook size or stitch as it wont fit properlly.I have sort cutted and used dc vs hdc for pillows and slips but the dresses
end up done before the third over ruffle is added cant really short cut the dress.
Just need to go faster....
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.I thought to drop crochet and start looming or sewing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need to go faster

Hi, I had the same dilemma (though I've been crocheting about 10 years now), I actually accidently posted in this site's knitting Gallary area about wishing to buy a knitting machine. I bought the "Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine" from Micheals - about $200 - and it really nipped my need for speed in the bud. I'm now working on a blanket for my DD's single bed (bunches of squares sewn together) and I've really taken to the "eyelet lace" stiches that remind me of crochet lace like holes - lol - ironically the machine is worked slower to make the holes because of hand manipulation, in fact the more intricate the patterns, the more you have to slow down the machine. Btw 30 years is quite a long time on one hobby, perhaps you will enjoy another related hobby. You could even do both at the same time e.g. use crochet to embellish. And sewn cloth dolls are really wonderful. Good luck with what ever you decide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here