Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybuglove_gw

wanted to share

ladybuglove
15 years ago

I ghope this works . I wanted to share some of my recent projects i have completed.

Bears on my blanket

MM baby blanket

one of my faorites took a over a year to do. working on it off and on

I have 2 others I am putting the finishing touches on and if any one is interested onsee them I will gladly post tehm also , Thank you everyone

Comments (33)

• donna_loomis
    15 years ago

How beautiful! Of course we want to see pictures of the other things you've done. Good job!

• proudmary56
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Great job.

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

You do beautiful work!!

• suebdoo
    15 years ago

Your items are gorgeous!
    You should be very proud.

Sue

• shaddy101
    15 years ago

I don't work with yarn much, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the beauty in your work.
    Lots of time on BOMB afghan, the color changes in the star afghan are gorgeous, the birds/flowers ghan is another work of art, and please, do show us more of your things. I love to know that others enjoy crochet, and it is alive and doing so well!!!!!!!!!!

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

How pretty! I assume the bear blanket is done by appliquing bears after you make the basic afghan. But the bottom one--is that all double knitting for the figures? Wow, they sure look pretty, but seem like a lot of work too, especially the bottom one. I love the color progression in the round afghan. I am in the midst of making layettes for many friends' babies, and I certainly recognize that you have lots of talent and dedication.

Wish I had the bear pattern. So cute for a little boy especially.

• profsusan
    15 years ago

very nice!!! I have made a number of the Peaceful Pastels and everyone just loves it. Haven't done the bears yet but looks like it should be for a special baby.
    Question - is the birds & flower afghan all single crochet? I have been recently doing some afghan stitch and it just takes so much longer but the color changes are much cleaner for the designs I needed (U Michigan logo and now the NY Jets)

• socks
    15 years ago

Love the little bears! Your work is beautiful!

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all The bottom one is done in alll single crochett it is a herrshner pattern. when I get the other 2 finished I will share them also. Thanks again

• cherbo
    15 years ago

Great work! Those bears are just too cute! I have thought about doing one of those round afghans but I prefer to knit. The bird one is beautiful!

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

here are some more recent ones

• brenoreo
    15 years ago

All of your work is just beautiful! Please do share all your projects with us. The bird afghan pulls at my heartstrings the most. We spend so much money on bird seed, I wish we could count them as dependents on our tax returns!! GOOD JOB!

• janniel
    15 years ago

I hope you see this as I'm late looking at your work.
    Your projects are absolutely lovely. It takes so much labor of love. Love the E.I.E.I.O. Did you have a pattern for the bears?

• mssherrymeezer
    15 years ago

All of your work is exquisite! I love every project you posted. Where is the E.I.E.I.O pattern from, I've never seen one like that.

• Vique_Pa
    15 years ago

Your work is beautiful! Don't be shy, send pictures you deserve praise. Vique

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The E.I.E.I.O pattern I got from a book called ultimate kids afghans ( Annies Attic)

Thank you everyone for your responce .It is nice to know there are others who enjoy what I do.
    I appreciate your feedback
    thanks

• Maggie4
    15 years ago

Your work is absolutely beautiful! I especially love the last one. I'll call it stare afghan. I hope you don't mind but I printed that one off and I would love to try to figure out the pattern.
    That pattern would be a great winter project. Did you make it up? It looks to be part of a granny sq. How did you put it together? Have you ever entered your projects in Fair contest. You would win.

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maggie
    it is called prairie star I got the pattern free at wal mart years ago for buying yarn. here is the website for that afghan for free. its at purple kitty. one of my favorite web sites

Here is a link that might be useful: prairie star afghan

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Ladybuglove, your work is awesome.. where did you find the pattern for the round ripple afghan? and and did you work it with two strands of yarn held together and change to one strand of one color and one of another color and then etc. I want to make my neice's daughter one in purple and greens. how do you think that would turn out.. I could use shades of greens and purple.. her new babys room is being done in purple and greens.. so I thought it would be really pretty .. bright colors.. whatcha think?
    Huggy

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Huggy bear
    thank you
    you can find the exact pattern on line and yes it is worked with 2 strands of yarn I think purple and green would be very pretty. there are a few other threads about this pattern on this web site that give excelent advice and even links to patterns you can use. the thread I used was
    Technique/pattern for Mary Maxim Peaceful Pastels Baby Afghan
    if you put peaceful paste in the search box it will bring the other threads up
    good luck and I hope when you get it done you will post a picture so we all can see and enjoy
    P.S.
    I am finishing up 2 more afghans and will post new pics soon

• soyamiso
    15 years ago

Ladylovebug, your round ripple afghan inspired me to create my own. I used this pattern: http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

As pleased as I am with my round ripple afghan, I have a question concerning the chain 3 at the beginning of each row. The space between the chain 3 and first dc is a bit obvious and bothers me a tad. What would happen if I did a dc instead of a chain 3?

I have started a second round ripple and have subbed the dc for the chain 3 in rows 5 and 6 and have not seen a major difference. However, I do not want to proceed further for fear of a bad result and having to frog so much work.

Thanks for your wonderful photos. They made me eager to start crocheting again.

(How do you upload photos?)

• susan52
    15 years ago

wow these are fabulous, hugs susan

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I dont know if it would make a diffrence I have never tryed it my self sorry. but as posting pictures i had to get a free photobucket acct. and after uploading my pics there they provide a link you can post in the message area and it will show your pic. A lot of it was trial and error lol but I found that the third link in photo bucket works best for me.

I would love to see your afghans

• soyamiso
    15 years ago

Ladylovebug,

Thank you for the reply. I've decided to frog the second round ripple because the dc made the rows look crowded by row 9 -- ah, well.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• soyamiso
    15 years ago

Ladybuglove,

Apologies, apologies for not getting your name correct -- twice!

I'll have to give that photobucket upload another try. The preview showed the photo, but the photo disappeared when I hit the submit button.

• jannie
    15 years ago

They are all gorgeous, thanks for sharing your pix.

• soyamiso
    15 years ago

My 1st round ripple and viking chicken hat

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

soyamiso
    those are greatyour ripple turned out great very pretty. But i do love your viking chicken. is it crochet or knit.
    can you tell me where you got the pattern. you did a great job
    thanks for sharing

• soyamiso
    15 years ago

Thank you. The chicken hat is crochet and done in LionBrand Jiffy pink. Unfortunately, I don't remember the hook size that I used.

This is the inspiration for the chicken hat: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47371.60

I used the blogger's instructions for the drumsticks, but modified them to make them smaller.

For the body, I used this pattern because I didn't like the look of the "plucked nubbins" on the body:

http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2007/02/crochet-baby-cherry-hat.html

If you turn the hat inside out, then it'll look more like a plucked chicken. As you'll notice, the pattern is for a child size, but I'm sure that you can modify the pattern to suit your needs.

As for the tail, I crocheted a triangle with either 11 or 9 as a base chain (can't remember) and then decreased until I had two chains left. Then I joined the two sides and stitched them tight down the middle. I attached the tail more toward the back of the head.

Hope that helps.

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you i really appreciate the help

• patetc
    15 years ago

Where did you get the pattern for the round ripple afghan? I'd love to make one of those. Your colors are beautiful.

Pat
    patetc@gmail.com

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

ladybug, I want to make this baby blanket for my neices'daughter who is going to have her baby in Feb of o9
    She is doing the babys'room in purple and greens.. sorta like a plum color.. I was wondering if I could do this in shades of yellow in center and go to lite purple to darker purple and then to greens.. what do you think..?
    Huggy

• ladybuglove
    Original Author
    15 years ago

huggy bear I think that would be very lovely. please post a pic when you are done I would love to see it

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions