Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
almost finished

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 1:06

I am almost finished knitting a white cabled v neck cardigan for one of the babies due this fall. It has been a bear for me--I have ripped out so much and had to reknit. When the 2nd front piece was almost done, I compared it to the 1st one for length--only to discover they were both the same side of the sweater! I had to rip it all out as it had a button band and so could not be salvaged. I thought perhaps DD would like it, and she might once I sew some cute buttons on it, but she does not tend to like cables, and I love them. With 5 different babies due this fall, someone will get it sent their way!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: almost finished

Argh, to find that you'd made the same piece twice must have been disappointing. But it sounds lovely. How nice that you have so many possible recipients for it if DD doesn't like it. I'd love to see pictures.

o
RE: almost finished

Sheila, congrats on getting it almost finished! I'm knitting a sweater for my niece and also am FINALLY almost done. This pattern has so many errors and vaguenesses (? is that a word?) that I have also done lots of ripping and redoing, including ripping out the whole first sleeve!

Hang in there!

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here