Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 22:45

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

IMAG0050, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Showing off recent knitting projects

Vickey, your knitting skills are impressive. I especially love those socks!

o

What fun! Nice to see the ruffle yarn used for more than just a scarf. And If I had those socks, I'd be wearing sandals all year around just to show them off. Beautiful work. I'm sure you have some very happy recipients.

-Babka

o

Very nice. Those socks look great. Love the ruffles.

o

We need to see the skirt and sweater modeled. Is that outfit for a grandchild???

o

: ) love the coat-of-many-colors...

but sock knitters wow me, because I'm a sock junkie, a really slow knitter, and USELESS where DPN are concerned.

I love the eyelet pattern on the red ones !

o

Vickey, fabulous job as usual! I also like the addition of the ruffle yarn to the outfit. Are you still knitting backwards instead of purling?

chinacat_sunflower, socks are NOT hard. If you can't manage double points, do you use circulars? Google magic loop method. If you were close to me, I could teach you. I never use double points any more. Just circulars. You can also use two circulars to make socks.

Tami

o

well crap, re-organized photobucket and forgot it would do that. Here are the pictures again

IMAG0050, Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

o

Gorgeous work! I've never made socks. But my kids still wear their socks outside. :(

I love the stitch of the top socks, what is it called?

Eileen

o

Hi Eileen! It's nice to see you somewhere besides the cooking forum!

o

Hi Tami! I think I'm knitting and crocheting more than I cook these days, though I did turn two cases of tomatoes into sort-of Annie's salsa over the long weekend.

E

o

E, I only cook when I have to! Which is most of the time. I love the CF, but don't like to cook. I'd rather knit or crochet! I love the bags you posted on the other thread.

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here