Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grandson loves my 'ninning'

Posted by sheilajoyce (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 08 at 22:13

Thought you'd enjoy this story--

My first and only grandchild was greeted with scads of blankets, afghans, sweaters, hats and booties I made just for him, one of each of the patterns I liked and had made over the last many years. Now he is 18 months old and walking. His mother found him in her closet one day holding on to a hat I had crocheted for her and sucking his fingers all zoned out in relaxation. It seems that she uses so many of the afghans I crocheted and blankets I had knit that he had become accustomed to poking his little finger through the stitches and sucking his fingers to fall asleep. We took a trip across country, and she brought her hat for him to relax with on the plane.

Therefore, I crocheted up a bunch of scraps into little squares so that she can use them to calm him in the car and on trips she will be taking this summer to Florida and to New Orleans for Thanksgiving. We call the squares "Grandma's knitting," and now "ninning" is one of his new words.

Need I tell you he is darling?????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grandson loves my 'ninning'

Sheila Joyce, I'm sue he IS a darling, and that is an adorable story. Grandchildren are precious, aren't they? And he is blessed to have a loving grandmother such as you.

o
RE: grandson loves my 'ninning'

Thanks, your posting put a big smile on my face.
Keep on "Ninning"
Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here