Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone here knit with a glove on?

Posted by socks12345 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 18:05

I've seen those gloves for people with arthritis (no fingers on the glove). The first knuckle on my left hand is sure giving me trouble, and I wonder if those gloves help or not. I'd like to start another pr. of socks today but know I should let my hand rest a couple days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone here knit with a glove on?

OK, I've modified my knitting style so I don't use the finger with the sore knuckle. It's awkward, but less pain in the pointer finger. So I'm not going to worry about the gloves.

o

Socks, are you refering to Hand Eze gloves? I have a pair ('bout worn out now!). I get pain & numbness in my thumbs and sometimes fingers when I knit & crochet. They help some, but I still have to take frequent breaks and stretch my hands & wrists.

Donna

o

Yes, Msmeow, I was thinking of something like that. But I'm ok for the moment advancing the knitting on the left needle with my second finger instead of the pointer. It's a little awkward, but I'm still knittin'!

o

I knit and work on the computer with fingerless gloves on all winter and part of summer. I started with the latex gloves you can buy through Lion Brand's website, but since I've made several pair of knit fingerless mitts. Those that fit snugly seem to help the arthritis the best and don't get in the way of knitting. It's a joy to knit again. Good luck.
Marie

o

I've been thinking about knitting with a glove on too, but mostly because whenever I knit with dpn's they dig into my hand in one spot that gets painful after a little bit. I know it's the way I'm holding the needles and perhaps if I got longer needles it wouldn't be an issue...but I don't want longer needles! Are the gloves thick enough to help with my pokey needles do you think? I do have arthritis in my wrist but as long as I don't take a long break from knitting (like a week or two), they stay pretty flexible.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here