Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Macrame Room Divider

Posted by the-light-lady (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 15:27

I am looking for directions on how to make a macrame room divider. I am trying to figure out how to finish the bottom part of the divider with knots or something instead of leaving the jute or yarn just hang down loose. It might be made like the macrame lawn chairs? Which actually is just single crochets? Can anyone help me out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Macrame Room Divider

I have a 1978 McCalls Macrame, rugmaking & weaving encyclopedia Mag. There is one macrame room divider in it. I can try scanning it for you but don't know how clear it will turn out. The pages have darkened with age so my not work. It has a nautical theme and is mounted in a frame so will require come carpentry skills as well. Let me know if you want me to try.

Pris

o
RE: Macrame Room Divider

Pris,
That would be great!! I make glass block lights with pictures on them. So I have a special picture editing program that should be able to lighten the picture. Thank you so much!!! My mother gave me a metal room divider frame with 3 sections. It is just waiting for something to be done with it. Macrame patterns are so hard to find now a days. I am itching to start it up again! Thank you!!! Laurie
Here is my e address...iluv2craft@sbcglobal.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here