Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbkidd_gw

Toilet Paper Covers

jbkidd
18 years ago

Hi:

Does anyone have any knitting patterns for toilet paper covers. Years ago there used to be patterns for poodles, dolls etc.

Comments (11)

• msmeow
    18 years ago

You could check Annie's Attic - they have patterns for all kinds of stuff and I'm sure I've seen TP covers in their catalog.

• Wendy_the_Pooh
    18 years ago

My toilet roll cover is a crocheted hat.

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

I can scan it an email you the directions if you like I think it is for knitting and crocheting

My mom made these in the 70's

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Red_Confetti
    18 years ago

If you crochet, look at pattern below for a "Powder Room Poodle" ~ !!

Here is a link that might be useful: POWDER-ROOM POODLE

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

It looks like my pattern

• Red_Confetti
    18 years ago

Gosh, I looked closer at the two pictures and I bet you are right, Minnie! At first I thought the "Powder-Room Poodle's" body part was solid, not filet mesh, but now I see that probably it is just the T-paper color showing through. Popular pattern!!

• prk3614lbg
    16 years ago

I have searched for years trying to find the crochet poodle toilet paper cover. My mom use to make them back in the 1970's. Is there anyone that could provide the instructions for the poodle cover.

• samcarolrose
    15 years ago

Could the person that has the pattern for the poodle toilet paper cover please send me a copy. It is the only thing that my 85 yr. old mother wants for x-mas and I have lost my coppy somewhere. Thankyou in advance. My e-mail address is carolandbooker@hotmail.com

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I am going to copy the directions and try to email them to you will your computer read a photo? on this instruction sheet is a knit version also

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

Here are the instructions fo the crocheted cover
    Directions are given for Croc
    COATS & CLARK'S "RED HEART" Pull-Out Skeins): 4 ozs. of any color. 2 yards of black worsted for nose and mouth
    Aluminum or Plastic Crochet Hook Size H
    2 small black buttons for eyes,
    CROCHETED POODLE
    GAUGE: 5 dc and 5 sps = 2 inches;
    2 rds = I Inch.

BODY. ..Starting at center top, ch 4. ~ Join with sI st to form ring.
    1st r nd: Ch 4, (dc in ring, ch I) 11 times. Join to 3rd ch of ch-4.
    2nd rnd: Ch 4 picking up back loops only throughout, dc in joining, ch 1, dc in next dc, ch I, * in next dc make (dc, ch 1) twice- 1 sp increased, dc in .next dc_ch I.
    Repeat from * around. Join as before
    Next 3 r nds: Work as for 2nd rnd, increasing 6 sps evenly around (36 sps on 5th rnd).
    Next 8 rnds: Work as for 2nd rnd, omitting the incs.
    Break off and fasten at end of last rnd.
    HEAD. ..Starting at center top, ch 2.
    I st rnd: Make 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook
    2nd rnd: 2 sc In each sc around,
    3rd rnd: * Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc (I sc increased).
    Repeat from * around.
    4th and 5th rnds: Sc in each sc increasing 6 sc evenly spaced (30 sc on 5th rnd)
    Work without increasing for 6 rnds.
    Next 2 rnds: Sc in each sc, decreasing 6 sc evenly spaced-to dec I sc
    (insert hook in next sc, yarn over and draw loop through) twice, yarn over and draw through all loops on hook
    Work I rnd without decreasing.
    Next rnd: Repeat 4th rnd,
    Work I rnd without increasing, Break off .and fasten.

NOSE. ..Starting at tip with Black, ch2.
    1st rnd: Make 6 sc in 2nd ch
    from hook. Break off. Attach Main Color and work 2nd rnd as for 2nd rod on Head.
    Next 4 rnds: Sc in each sc around. Break off and fasten at end of last rnd/

Finishing
    POMPON (make 3 for Head) ...Wind yarn 100 times around a 11/2 -inch width of cardboard. Tie strands together at one end. Cut strands at other end. Comb and brush ends fluffy.
    Make 5 for legs and tail
    Wind yarn 60 times around a 11/2 inch width of cardboard. Complete as for Head pompons. With Black embroider stem sts on each side of Nose for Mouth.
    Stuff Head and Nose with remaining yarn or cotton batting. Sew nose to head.
    Sew on buttons for eyes. Sew one pompon to top of head and one to each side for ears. Sew lower edge of head to top of Body. Sew pompon legs and tail in place. Fold elastic thread in half and draw through sts at lower edge of Body. Pull up tightly to fit over the roll of tissue and tie ends together.

ABBREVIATIONS
    Ch chain
    Sps spaces
    StÂ. stitch
    inc increase
    scÂsingle
    dec ...decrease
    Rnd round
    dc double
    sl st ..slip stitch
    tog. ..together
    * Repeat whatever follows the * as many times as specified. ( ) Do what is in parentheses the number of times indicated.

I never made any but Mom made them and gave as gifts and sold a few. I still have that yellow one in the bathroom It must be 40 years old

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

KNITTED POODLE GAUGE: 3 sts = 1 inch;
    6 rows = 1 inch.

BODY. ..

Starting at lower edge, cast on 43 sts. Work in stockinette st (k 1 row, p 1 row) for 41h inches, ending with a p row.
    Next row: K I, (place a marker on nee.dle, k 2 tog, k 5) 6 times.
    Following row: Slipping markers, p across.
    Next row: K I, , * slip marker, k 2 tog, k to next marker.
    Repeat from * to end of row.
    Repeat last 2 rows until 13 sts remain ending with a p row .
    Next row: Dropping markers, k 1 (k 2 tog) [ 6 times. Break off, leaving a 10-inch f length of yarn. Thread into a needle and draw through remaining 7 sts
    Pull up tightly. Sew narrow ends neatly together for center back seam. '

HEAD. ..Starting at center top, cast on 6 sts.

1st row: K in front and back of each st across (6 sts increased).
    2nd row: Purl.
    3rd row: K across, increasing 6 sts evenly spaced.
    Repeat last 2 rows once more (24 sts). Work even for 11 rows.
    Next row: (K 2 tog) 12 times.
    Following row: Purl.
    Next row: K across, increasing 6 sts evenly spaced.
    Following row: Purl.
    Bind off looseiy
    Sew side edges together for center back.

NOSE. ..
    Starting at tip with Black, cast on 5 sts.
    1st row: Repeat first row of Head (5 sts increased). Break off Black, attach main color.
    2nd row: Purl. Continue in stockinette st for 6 rows. Bind off loosely. Sew side edges together.

Finish as for Crocheted Poodle.

Sponsored
Asha Maía Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Arlington County
More Discussions