Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

What are you working on?

tami_ohio
11 years ago

Maybe this will jump start the forum again.

I have a pair of summer socks and a cabled tank top on the needles. What about you?

Tami

Comments (103)

• wantoretire_did
    11 years ago

Barnmom, you've done it again - that scarf is gorgeous!!

• centralcacyclist
    11 years ago

Thanks! It was knit on large needles so it went quickly but I hated the aluminum circular needles I was working with. They were ones I already had (a gift) so I used them rather than buy new bamboo ones in the right size. I cursed them silently and worked even faster to get it over with. ;)

I don't knit with a pattern as I find them difficult to read and follow with my failing eyesight. I'll have to break down and use a pattern if I decide to make anything more complicated, though.

Next up, another beanie! My daughter's friends have put in requests.

Eileen

• centralcacyclist
    11 years ago

The latest beanie. The recipient came by and picked it up.

Eileen

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Very pretty!

• daylilydayzed
    11 years ago

I am working on a shawl called Winter's Mirage . Have got to the last row I can do since my yarn is almost finished. I don't have any more of it. Am waiting for a reply from the designer about what to do, rip back or what.

• arkbirdlady
    11 years ago

I've been knitting forever and right now I am developing some ideas/patterns for working with inexpensive cotton worsted weight from Walmart--not everyone can afford the really nice yarns. One thing you can do with this stuff is to make knitted washcloths--not dishcloths--these are really very pleasant to use. What I am trying to do is work out patterns that allow for the way this yarn shrinks when machine washed and dried because who wants to hand block these utilitarian items?

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Hi, everyone! I haven't posted here in quite a while.

My current project is a Bavarian crochet baby blanket. It is taking forEVER! LOL I am getting close to finishing though, so trying to keep at it a little every night. It looks pretty but is boring. It's a two-row stitch pattern of treble crochets, and since you start in the middle each row gets longer, and longer... :)

I have some hand quilting and sewing projects I'd like to work on but am determined to finish this blanket first!

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Bavarian crochet

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

I'm Working on a shawl for my niece to be's wedding June 2014. Estonian lace, a wool silk blend. {{gwi:1579058}}

This post was edited by vickey__mn on Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 21:41

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

I finished my Winter's Mirage shawl, got it washed and now it is being blocked. And I am going to start another this one is called Spring's Dance by Dragonflylace on Knitting Paradise Forum.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very pretty Vickey! Daylilydayzed, I've enjoyed watching all the creations of the Winter's Mirage.

I've done a baby afghan, hot pads for a friend, and socks. Hoping to start something else soon.

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

Almost done, just need to add edging and block. {{gwi:1579059}}

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

It looks very good Vickey! I am up to row 7 of the edging on Spring's Dance/ I took it with me today when I had to go to the VA clinic IN Tampa. I had to see the Dr at the endocrine clinic. I had cancer of the thyroid gland in 1999 and had my thyroid gland removed,I now take medicine to replace the hormone.

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

Daylilydayzed I'd love to see pictures of your shawls

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

I will take a picture of Winter's Mirage, and my progress onn Spring's Dance and post it here.

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

The first picture is of the edging on Winter's Mirage. this picture is of the body design.

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Now just remember this is still on the needle, I have finished the Koi Ripples and The Ginko Lace border. I start the body tomorrow. This is the edge showing some of the nupps in the design.

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Picture didn't load in the last post.

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

The entire body of work so far.

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

Daylilydayzed...beautiful

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Thank you, Winter's Mirage was my first big lace project. The yarn was 100% baby alpaca yarn in a sport weight knitted with size 8 needles.. Spring's Dance is is Knit Picks yarn , Gloss Lace weight in the color Marina. Gloss Lace is 70% Merino wool and 30% silk. My first lace project in lace knitting was a cowl for my daughter-in-law , using the Gloss Lace and the Feather and Fan pattern on size 4 needle. My daughter-in law love it since she will not wear hats or scarves because they get blown off by the wind. This cowl wouldn't get blown off because it went over her head like a tube and then pulled back up and over her head to or hood like appearance.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beautiful work Daylilly!

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Thank you Tami_Ohio. By the way what part of Ohio, I was born in Cleveland.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am about 30 miles west of Cleveland. Think half way to Cedar Point amusement park on the way. Lorain area.

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Vicky & Daylily, all of your projects are beautiful! It's been a while since I knitted lace.

Still working on the Bavarian crochet...I have one round to go! LOL It calls for ending on the first row of the pattern so you get a straight edge, but DH & I both like the look of the pointed edge you get after the second row so I'm adding the one round I have left. I'll post a picture when it's done. :)

Donna

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

A progress report on Spring's Dance : after getting the edging and border charts done , That was what was on the needle in the above pictures, I have done 5 repeats of the Dragonfly's Wings charts, body of the shawl. It is looking really good so far.

• lizzie2
    10 years ago

I am working on an afghan to donate to the 4-H silent auction. I am also making a cross stitch about Ohio State for them if I get it done.

• joannepr1
    10 years ago

I am a crocheter and a newbie continental knitter.
    I also enjoy tunisian crochet
    I am presently working on a Kim Guzman pattern called marilyn

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

sock monkey slippers for a friend {{gwi:1579060}}

• wantoretire_did
    10 years ago

I'm about 1/2 way through a toddler afghan for baby of gym instructor due end of May. Oops, born last Saturday!! Gotta get hooking..........

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

wantoretire_did (Oh how I envy you with that name!!) Don't you hate it when Babies throw off your knitting/crocheting schedule :-)

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

I had to stop working on Spring's Dance. My daughter wanted me to knit a baby blanket for one of her co-workers who is expecting a baby in Sept. So I am working on the baby blanket using a pattern in a book of afghans but using smaller needle and only one strand of yarn.

• Liddybuff
    10 years ago

This is a purse I finished using soda can pop-tabs. I crocheted the panels together using a black nylon fiber. I am enjoying the double-take looks I get when people realize what it is made from, Each tab also has a bead attached to it. It gives a very unique look. It's my own pattern. I like doing one-of-a-kind items.

• Liddybuff
    10 years ago

This is a purse I finished using soda can pop-tabs. I crocheted the panels together using a black nylon fiber. I am enjoying the double-take looks I get when people realize what it is made from, Each tab also has a bead attached to it. It gives a very unique look. It's my own pattern. I like doing one-of-a-kind items.

{{!gwi}}

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Very Original LiddyBuff!Keep up the good work.

• Liddybuff
    10 years ago

Thank you Daylilydayzed. I've always got some project in the works. My husband says it keeps me out of trouble. haha. I'm also posting another bag I made for my 15 yr old grand-daughter. This one has interlocking pop-tab panels on both sides that have been joined together with crochet work.

p.s. sorry for the duplicate posting.

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

Finished the shawl..but decided it wasn't "good enough" for my niece's wedding, so I'm going to donate it to church and make her another.
    {{gwi:1579063}}

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Hi Vickey ,
    I think it is beautiful! Your nupps are lining up so great. I am finishing up my Spring's Dance right now. I am grafting the other edge to it right now. Our weather is rain right now after the thunder and lightning preceding it.
    Daylilydayzed

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vickey it's beautiful! If I were your niece, I would treasure it and wear it with pride!

Tami

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Vicky, it's lovely! I can't wait to see the next one if this one isn't "good enough"!

Donna

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

I've been away from the forum too long still doing my mens hats cant wait for cold weather to give them out looking for my old mile a minute afgan instructions

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

Yea !! I found my Annies Attic Mile a minute instructions I'm tired of making hats and misc granny squares for later use. I can get busy on one of these

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad you found your pattern Minnie!

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

I have been knitting some gloves.I knitted these on a circular needle using magic loop.

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Picture didn't load in first message

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

thanks tami_ohio I remember your name from years ago nice to see you.

• tami_ohio
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Daylily, those gloves look great!

Minnie, it was nice to see you posting again. We miss you at the KT, too!

Tami

• Vickey__MN
    10 years ago

Fingerless mitts or my sister-in-law, they are a really deep purple {{gwi:1579066}}

• daylilydayzed
    10 years ago

Very Nice Vickey!

• minnie_tx
    9 years ago

I love everything shared I'm still doing my hats how about you??l

• daylilydayzed
    9 years ago

I am almost finished with my first pair of socks. I don't have a picture of them yet since I am in Va. For this week.

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA
More Discussions