Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
socks two at a time using Magic Loop...figured it out..finally

Posted by vickey__mn (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 14, 09 at 13:11

Okay I can now knit socks...DPN's..4 and 5 needles, two circular needles, and now MAGIC LOOP. I can do top down and toe up! I still have to master heels. I have the toe up cast on that I like (Turkish...thanks to someone here, donna lomis maybe??). Now the only method I think I haven't tried and mastered is two socks at once on 4-5 DPN's and I'm not sure if I want to do that (that method REALLY SCARES ME!!)

Vickey-MN

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: socks two at a time using Magic Loop...figured it out..finall

Congratulations, when I figure out magic loop, that became my favorite method, and since I very seldom have half sock itis lol I usually just do one at a time, two at a time is for when I'm in the mood for a challenge ;o).

I take socks everywhere and work on them while I wait, started one for me yesterday at the dentist office ;o)

o

Congratulations! And if you're like me, you found out that you were probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. Not that tough now, is it?

I can do other types of heels, but my favorite way is now the afterthought heel. It's easy to replace if need be, too.

And I do love the Turkish cast on.

"two socks at once on 4-5 DPN's" - is that even possible?

o

Donna Loomis, yes it's possible, probably not for ME, but for some it is.

Vickey-MN

Here is a link that might be useful: Two socks 4-5 dpns concurrently

o

Vickey, that is just mind boggling. I don't know if I could ever get the hang of that, but I'm pretty sure it would take so much concentration that I just wouldn't enjoy my knitting anymore. I still want to learn new stuff, but I think I'll pass on that one. Let me know if you make the attempt and how it goes.

o

I saw a utube of a woman finishing up her socks. She knit one INSIDE the other. As she cast off, voila, two socks. Must have been some way to knit every even stitch being one sock and the odd stitches being the other. Intriguing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here