Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
profsusan

Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...

profsusan
16 years ago

I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend turns 30 - he plays guitar/piano/keyboard and a few other miscellaneous instruments. Thought an afghan in a musical theme would be fun - he loves her afghan. Anyone have a pattern? suggestions? Have some 32x32 graphs of some but thought I'd ask you all for your input. Thanks.

Comments (36)

• profsusan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks...sending you an e-mail now

• threejsmom
    16 years ago

Here's an interesting crochet one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Keyboard afghan

• profsusan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wanted to share what else I found: guitar chart that I thought would be interesting along with some extra music notes - guitar is his primary instrument now

Here is a link that might be useful: Guitar Chart

• profsusan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

finished the afghan - used the music notes blocks although I liked the afghan pattern I got from Sheila Joyce - just didn't like that you needed to only work from one side; figured it would take forever with all the stopping/starting

will give it this weekend and only finished it last night

• threejsmom
    16 years ago

Wow! That's gorgeous! What a lucky young man!

• LynneNY
    16 years ago

I absolutely LOVE that blanket - you did a wonderful job!!!

I was wondering if you might be willing to share the pattern with me, as my daughter is going off to college next year as a flute performance major and would love something like that!

• profsusan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

give me your e-mail address and I can send you the collection of "notes" I found on the web. Some can be found at the following link

Here is a link that might be useful: Shona's Place

• anjbunj1
    15 years ago

Hi!
    This is absolutely beautiful!!
    and I was wondering if you could send me the pattern for it as well?
    My friend is going to be majoring in music and for his birthday I want to make him this. THanks so much!

• anjbunj1
    15 years ago

O also
    do you think you could send me a quick set of instructions on how you did this?

• profsusan
    Original Author
    15 years ago

need an email to do so

• mbower
    15 years ago

Could you please send me a copy of your pattern also. The afghan is wonderful and my kids band director is deserving of something that nice.
    Thanks

my email: ducky1129@insightbb.com

• happy-knitter
    15 years ago

Hello:
    Here;s a site for musical notes, the cleft, a sax, & more.
    Give a look and see if this helps.

http://www.breienmetplezier.nl/Breipatronen/TV.htm

Patricia

• mekayla
    14 years ago

Hello!
    I would LOVE a copy of the patter also. My brother-in-law asked if I would make his choir director a blanket with a musical theme and while searching for ideas, I found this blanket. If you could send me a copy that would be so helpful! Thank you

My email is mekayladaw@gmail.com

• sandra_ferguson
    13 years ago

There was a URL several posts above yours that offers musical notes, and a piano, if I remember right.
    http://shonasplace.greycastle.net/Crochet/MyPatterns

• smithrob_2002_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Does anyone still have this pattern? I would love to be able to make this for my cousin's birthday.

• JacsBay_aol_com
    12 years ago

I stumbled across this site in a search for a guitar pattern. I would love a copy of this musical notes pattern and instructions. My brother-in-law was a professional musician. My email is JacsBay@aol.com Thank you! Thank you!

• RebeccaLeigh
    12 years ago

I got it to work finally! Sheila if you wouldn't mind sending it I would greatly appreciate it for my boyfriend, music director who this year is turning 30. It would be a perfect gift! Thank you soooo much!

rebecca.leigh@live.com

• hippiekid18
    11 years ago

Hi! I saw the picture of the music blanket and I really would like to make it. My boyfriend and I are music majors and I want to make it for him. Can you send me the pattern for it? My e-mail is hippiekid10@me.com

Thanks so much!

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    11 years ago

hippiekid - If you are music major, I assume that means you are in college. As a soon-to-be-educated person, quit asking people to violate copyright law. It is theft. No one but the copyright holder has the right to distribute a pattern.

• mrsklemzak
    11 years ago

I would LOVE this pattern! My email is mrsklemzak@gmail.com. If anyone has the file, could you please email it to me? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

• sbarber13
    10 years ago

Does anyone still have the pattern for how to make the music afghan picture? If so please let me know and I will send you my email address.

• Sassy2014
    9 years ago

I know years have gone by but does anyone have this still? Email colskibums5@aol.com

• justlinda
    9 years ago

Found this FREE PATTERN for a musical note afghan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Pattern for Musical Note Afghan

• ivette_molina
    9 years ago
    Love that pattern can you share with me how I can find that pattern would love to make one
  • June Skinnider
    9 years ago

I woulld like this pattern also to make for a music major my emai is juneskinnider@yhoo.com

thank you

• justlinda
    9 years ago

Free pattern on Ravelry. Called "Music afghan". Designer is Christine Frazier.

• Monica Swords
    8 years ago

If anyone is able to share this pattern, I would love to make it for my husband (we met when I joined his band many, many years ago). My email is evenindeath930@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

• chaz kushin
    8 years ago

Where can i find this pattern. .i would like to make as a graduation gift for my niece..ckushin24@gmail.com

• Christine Sneath
    8 years ago

Hello!! Gorgeous afghan! Would you be willing to share the pattern? My daughter is a first year Music Therapy major and I would love to make this for her for Christmas. My address is clsneath@gmail.com. Thank you so much!! Beautiful work! Just awesome!

• Beverly Joseph
    7 years ago

My daughter has autism, and love music. My e-mail is josephstar1@msn.com. She would live this. TIA. It is beautiful

• Debbie Smith
    6 years ago

i love the afgan and would like the pattern if you can. my grandson is graduates from music and that would be a perfect gift fot him .thank you

• AliceHasLeftTheBuilding
    6 years ago

There is a link a few posts up to a pattern distributed by its creator free of charge. Just click. If you are asking for someone to send you a pattern they do not own the copyright for, then I certainly hope folks here have more respect for the creative works of others.

• shauntelparker
    6 years ago

Does anyone know who the creator of this pattern is and any contact information. Please email me shauntelparker@outlook.com thanks

• Jade C
    5 months ago

I would also really like this pattern

jchalm7097@gmail.com

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions