Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...

Posted by profsusan (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 07 at 12:43

I am thinking ahead to October. My daughter's boyfriend turns 30 - he plays guitar/piano/keyboard and a few other miscellaneous instruments. Thought an afghan in a musical theme would be fun - he loves her afghan. Anyone have a pattern? suggestions? Have some 32x32 graphs of some but thought I'd ask you all for your input. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Musical Notes/Instruments Afghan ideas...

I have one and made it for my son who majored in music. It is really very attractive. You use worsted, and it has an ecru background. It has the musical staff, which is repeated 3 or 4 times. I put a simple edge on it that I think I made up because I think it did not have a finished edge. I had a friend who plays piano check to see if it was any kind of tune (it gets repeated) and it is not. So if you feel really talented, you could take the idea and make the "music" actually be a tune you feel he likes. I am happy to share this old pattern with you, Susan. I bought it on Ebay; it was from a magazine. Email me. Sheilajoyce@hotmail.com

o

thanks...sending you an e-mail now

o

Here's an interesting crochet one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Keyboard afghan

o

Wanted to share what else I found: guitar chart that I thought would be interesting along with some extra music notes - guitar is his primary instrument now

Here is a link that might be useful: Guitar Chart

o

finished the afghan - used the music notes blocks although I liked the afghan pattern I got from Sheila Joyce - just didn't like that you needed to only work from one side; figured it would take forever with all the stopping/starting

will give it this weekend and only finished it last night
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Wow! That's gorgeous! What a lucky young man!

o

I absolutely LOVE that blanket - you did a wonderful job!!!

I was wondering if you might be willing to share the pattern with me, as my daughter is going off to college next year as a flute performance major and would love something like that!

o

give me your e-mail address and I can send you the collection of "notes" I found on the web. Some can be found at the following link

Here is a link that might be useful: Shona's Place

o

Hi!
This is absolutely beautiful!!
and I was wondering if you could send me the pattern for it as well?
My friend is going to be majoring in music and for his birthday I want to make him this. THanks so much!

o

O also
do you think you could send me a quick set of instructions on how you did this?

o

need an email to do so

o

Could you please send me a copy of your pattern also. The afghan is wonderful and my kids band director is deserving of something that nice.
Thanks

my email: ducky1129@insightbb.com

o

Hello:
Here;s a site for musical notes, the cleft, a sax, & more.
Give a look and see if this helps.

http://www.breienmetplezier.nl/Breipatronen/TV.htm

Patricia

o

Hello!
I would LOVE a copy of the patter also. My brother-in-law asked if I would make his choir director a blanket with a musical theme and while searching for ideas, I found this blanket. If you could send me a copy that would be so helpful! Thank you

My email is mekayladaw@gmail.com

o

There was a URL several posts above yours that offers musical notes, and a piano, if I remember right.
http://shonasplace.greycastle.net/Crochet/MyPatterns

o

Does anyone still have this pattern? I would love to be able to make this for my cousin's birthday.

o

I stumbled across this site in a search for a guitar pattern. I would love a copy of this musical notes pattern and instructions. My brother-in-law was a professional musician. My email is JacsBay@aol.com Thank you! Thank you!

o

I got it to work finally! Sheila if you wouldn't mind sending it I would greatly appreciate it for my boyfriend, music director who this year is turning 30. It would be a perfect gift! Thank you soooo much!

rebecca.leigh@live.com

o

Hi! I saw the picture of the music blanket and I really would like to make it. My boyfriend and I are music majors and I want to make it for him. Can you send me the pattern for it? My e-mail is hippiekid10@me.com

Thanks so much!

o

hippiekid - If you are music major, I assume that means you are in college. As a soon-to-be-educated person, quit asking people to violate copyright law. It is theft. No one but the copyright holder has the right to distribute a pattern.

o

I would LOVE this pattern! My email is mrsklemzak@gmail.com. If anyone has the file, could you please email it to me? Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

o

Does anyone still have the pattern for how to make the music afghan picture? If so please let me know and I will send you my email address.

o

I know years have gone by but does anyone have this still? Email colskibums5@aol.com

o

Found this FREE PATTERN for a musical note afghan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Pattern for Musical Note Afghan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here