Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for scarf pattern patons brilliant

Posted by emily2196 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 5, 06 at 12:14

I would like to make a scarf with Paton's Brilliant yarn, but I can't find a nice pattern (and I'm not experienced enough to make my own). I would like to make something lacy or open-work. Either knit or crochet is fine. Thank you!
Emily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for scarf pattern patons brilliant

Emily, Paton's Brilliant, in my opinion, is somewhere between sport weight and worsted weight. You could use just about any pattern calling for either. Check out these two pages (one is for knit scarves, one is for crochet scarves): http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com and

Here is a link that might be useful: crochet scarves

o
RE: Looking for scarf pattern patons brilliant

Hi, I'm making a scarf with Patons Brilliant now. It's an easy, openwork pattern from one of their books. You can go to www.patonsyarns.com. Click on Ladies knit items and you'll see a book "All that glitters". they call it a shawl (on the cover, part of a set, a little to hard to see detail, but is the same on shell and shawl) but it's only 17" wide, to me a cross between a scarf and shawl. Also you could adapt it and make it narrower. You need to register to use the website. Also, I just found an error on this pattern(which I had already seen) which they have posted on their correction page. If you want this let me know and I'll e-mail it to you if you're interested.

Sally

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here