Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gakernil

Knit Poodle on a bottle

gakernil
18 years ago

Looking for the knit poodle on a bottle pattern, pom poms used for feet, top notch, ears. Popular a number of years back, now want to make one for a gift.

Comments (12)

• donna_loomis
    18 years ago

Gakernil, really? You really want to make one? Well, I have that pattern! Actually, I have a duplicate of the book. It's Crocheted Favorites & Originals of Jessie Abularach, Volume Two. If you'd like one of them I would be happy to make a trade with you. Send me an email at mudpie@thegraphiczone.net and we can work something out, I'm sure. You can see a photo of the book on an ebay listing - not mine, I just found it when I was looking for a photo to send you.

Here is a link that might be useful: poodle on a bottle

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

I think I still have my Mom's I'll look and see.

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

I have it. I can mail it to you or scan it.
    I have one made that is crocheted I'll post a photo.
    The directions are for knit/crochet

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

Do you want me to email you the directions?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

Talk about not reading a post right. I just now saw the word bottle lol You could convert it.

• Red_Confetti
    18 years ago

Here's one that covers a soda pop CAN, not a bottle. But it is also crocheted, rather than knit as you requested. Do you crochet, too?
    The link is to a 4-page pdf file, so it takes a while to download. The first page is just an advertisement, and the picture of the poodle is on page 3.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soda Pop Poodle

• donna_loomis
    18 years ago

Well, I guess I'm as inattentive as Minnie. I didn't spot that she asked for knit, not crochet.

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

I think I got excited and didn't notice because I haven't heard anyone mention those things for 20 years!!! The one I had Mom made. she must have made hundreds when they were popular. Come to think of it the roll of TP in it must be at least 25 years old since Mom's been gone 20 years now

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

That soda pop can poodle is darling. I have a pattern somewhere for one that fits on the end of your finger!!

• gakernil
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks everyone for the poodle stuff. need the knit pattern on a taller bottle, maybe about 10-11" tall. i do have the crochet pattern but prefer the knit. i have an 81 year old step mom that loves poodles, has always had them but at her age, we don't want to see her have one as she is not good on her feet to care for one. her birthday is the end of sept. and thought one would be a nice birthday present for her 82nd..........

• donna_loomis
    18 years ago

It's on sale at ebay - auction ends 07/05.

Here is a link that might be useful: poodle bottle cover

• scarletp
    14 years ago

Help! I think I've finally figured out how to post here. I'm looking for poodle-themed crochet patterns. I saw some on line, but the links were dead or had only pictures: no instructions. Anyone got instructions for soda can cover, toilet paper cover, anything else? Thanks!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions