Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Knit Poodle on a bottle

Posted by gakernil (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 05 at 12:11

Looking for the knit poodle on a bottle pattern, pom poms used for feet, top notch, ears. Popular a number of years back, now want to make one for a gift.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Knit Poodle on a bottle

Gakernil, really? You really want to make one? Well, I have that pattern! Actually, I have a duplicate of the book. It's Crocheted Favorites & Originals of Jessie Abularach, Volume Two. If you'd like one of them I would be happy to make a trade with you. Send me an email at mudpie@thegraphiczone.net and we can work something out, I'm sure. You can see a photo of the book on an ebay listing - not mine, I just found it when I was looking for a photo to send you.

Here is a link that might be useful: poodle on a bottle

o

I think I still have my Mom's I'll look and see.

o
RE: Knit Poodle on a bottle!!!!

I have it. I can mail it to you or scan it.
I have one made that is crocheted I'll post a photo.
The directions are for knit/crochet

o
RE: Knit Poodle on a bottlePhoto

Do you want me to email you the directions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Poodle

o
RE: Knit Poodle on a bottleBooBoo

Talk about not reading a post right. I just now saw the word bottle lol You could convert it.

o

Here's one that covers a soda pop CAN, not a bottle. But it is also crocheted, rather than knit as you requested. Do you crochet, too?
The link is to a 4-page pdf file, so it takes a while to download. The first page is just an advertisement, and the picture of the poodle is on page 3.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soda Pop Poodle

o

Well, I guess I'm as inattentive as Minnie. I didn't spot that she asked for knit, not crochet.

o

I think I got excited and didn't notice because I haven't heard anyone mention those things for 20 years!!! The one I had Mom made. she must have made hundreds when they were popular. Come to think of it the roll of TP in it must be at least 25 years old since Mom's been gone 20 years now

o
RE: Knit Poodle on a bottle again

That soda pop can poodle is darling. I have a pattern somewhere for one that fits on the end of your finger!!

o

thanks everyone for the poodle stuff. need the knit pattern on a taller bottle, maybe about 10-11" tall. i do have the crochet pattern but prefer the knit. i have an 81 year old step mom that loves poodles, has always had them but at her age, we don't want to see her have one as she is not good on her feet to care for one. her birthday is the end of sept. and thought one would be a nice birthday present for her 82nd..........

o
RE: Knit Poodle

It's on sale at ebay - auction ends 07/05.

Here is a link that might be useful: poodle bottle cover

o

Help! I think I've finally figured out how to post here. I'm looking for poodle-themed crochet patterns. I saw some on line, but the links were dead or had only pictures: no instructions. Anyone got instructions for soda can cover, toilet paper cover, anything else? Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here