Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sock heel flap instruction

Posted by salling (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 11:57

I am knitting a pair of socks and have done ok until I reach the instruction of the heel flap. This sock is done on three dpns. The directions state-Heel flap: k1 st from end of N2 onto N1, k across 19 stitches on N2 and across 13 stitches from N3 for a total of 32 heel stitches. Turn work. Then there are 4 rounds of various stitches which I understand. I just don't understand the heel flap thing. Am I slipping a stitch from the end of N2 to N1 or am I knitting across N1 until I get to N2 or am I...
Thank you for any assistance. This has been one hum-dinger of a sock pattern. I keep messing up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sock heel flap instruction

Without seeing the pattern, I cannot be absolutely sure, but a heel flap is usually knit on half the stitches, so I am assuming that you have 64 total stitches. After knitting the stitches on needle 1, you knit the first stitch from N2 onto N1. Knit the stitches on N2 (19), then I would think you knit (not on N2) the 13 stitches from N3 (I would then distribute these as 16 stitches each on N2 and N3. Then you knit back and forth on N1 for your heel flap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here