Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_ferguson_gw

more ?s on crock pot dyeing

sandra_ferguson
14 years ago

We took a little daytrip yesterday, and I came upon a sale on white wool yarn....pretty serendipitous, I thought, so I took it as a sign and bought 6 skeins....bit ones. They will have to be divided up and put into manageable loose skeins to do in the crockpot, but I was wondering.... would it be best to make the circumference of the skeins about the same circumference as the crock pot? If longer I'd have to loop it around and I thought that might alter how the color is taken up, and where. If around the same circumference I'm going to have to do it in quite a few batches, but figured if I mixed the koolade into the same amounts of boilig water, and then timed how long before I turned it off, and then how long I let it sit before removing from the crock pot, the results, dyewise, would be pretty much the same....calicokitty....any thoughts on this, or further suggestions? I bought enough wool to make a big sweater, so the same process is going to have to be repeated a good many times, I'd think. When you did it, how 'thick' was your skein...just approximately.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio
More Discussions