Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for boys knitted sweater patters

Posted by enjoyingspring (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 7:50

My grandson is a year old, want to knit him a sweater, nothing fancy, just a plain sweater with buttons down the front.

Does anyone have a pattern they would like to share.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for boys knitted sweater patters

The yarn companies have websites with lots of free patterns. One is lionbrand.com. Also you can search with Google, just type in "knitted kid's sweater". There are many many sites and I'm sure you will find exactly what you are looking for.

-Babka

o

Actually I have been searching on the web for patterns, but everything has either a pattern knitted into the sweater or a lot of cables. That is why I was asking here.

So hopefully someone has a pattern that they would like to share.

Thanks

o

Look at Lionbrand.com and redheart.com and find a plain cardigan. I like to knit in worsted weight a cardigan pattern that has you knit the front left and right and the back and each sleeve separately. Then you sew them together. I knit the pieces in 3 or 4 crayon bright colors. I knit the back red, one front yellow and the other one blue. Then I knit one sleeve red and sew it on to the blue front side of the sweater and knit the other sleeve blue and sew it on the yellow side of the sweater. Turns out real cute.

o

I've knitted many, many baby/children's sweaters from the following..(a good many 'big people's, too)!

Leisure Arts leaflet 159
'Knitted Seamless Raglans 9 mo to size 50'

o

$5 is a little pricey for what you have. I suggest again that you try selling on Ebay.

o

Lion Brand has a really simple one knit in all one piece. Then sew up the side and arm seams. No set in sleeve. It's called Easy Peasy. There are 3 sizes. One is 18 months. You have to join to see the free patterns, but it's worth doing if you aren't a member of Lion Brand.

There's another simple one, but you have to sew on the sleeves. It's called Charlie's Cardi.

Susan

o

I don't know if you're familiar with this site. All patterns are free. There is an entire section listed for Boys Clothing. I'm sure you can find something here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knitting Pattern Central

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here