Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this possible?

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 23:00

I went shopping today for a knitting magazine. The patterns I liked best were the crochet magazines. They had just what I wanted. I can crochet my sweaters together but I have trouble controlling the tension of the thread between my little finger and the pointer finger. Also my right and left margins seem to be a little uneven. Mary , or craftylady, can I learn how to crochet as well as I knit, by watching a tutorial, and can you tell me where I can find such a source? Thanks for any help you can give me. I have been knitting for a long time but don't like the patterns. Hope I get an answer to this. It takes so long to get any reply from this forum. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this possible?

Barb, I can't answer your questions specifically, but if you join Crochetville (free) there is abundant help there and it is a very active forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crochetville

o

Thanks for answering my post. I am always leery of joining anything because there always ends up a catch somewhere, but this sounds interesting. I went to your crochetville and don't quite understand how I go about it, but maybe you can enlighten me. I believe we have a local group that get together often working on projects and they get help right there, but will have to check into it further. They disband in the winter because most of the teachers go to Florida. I will check into it also. I have a lot of arthritis in my fingers and maybe that is why I have trouble controlling the tension of the thread. My Mother crocheted and did not knit. Thanks again and I will be checking. Barb

o

Barb - Sorry, I'm just getting back here. Click on the link I gave you, then "About" to get a good overview of the site. Then "Help, How Do I?" for instructions on how to register, etc. There is no catch and no fee, just a great group of all ages and circumstances. Enjoy :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here