Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb_roselover_in

Can't find pattern

barb_roselover_in
10 years ago

I am looking to make a summer light weight like sweater. I want it very loosely knitted but all I can find are the crochet patterns. I can't find any knitted ones. I want it to be more or less the length of a bolero. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. From former experience with this forum it takes a long while to get an answer but I will be patient. Barb

Comments (8)

• acraftylady
    10 years ago

I don't knit but you also might try searching on ravelry, they have tons of knitting patterns. Here is one I found, I typed knit bolero in the search on ravelry, hope this helps. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Bolero pattern

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I belong to Ravelry but they asked me to set a new password. I did. They had me verify it and then they won't accept it. I don't get it. And just try to get a pattern. You can't get it done. I have spent the past hour to no avail. I'm going to give up. Barb

• acraftylady
    10 years ago

Hmm I have never been asked to set a new password on ravelry that I can remember, that sounds strange to me.

Did you try where it says I forgot under log in to reset it there? Scroll all the way to the bottom of the main ravelry page and click contact us and one of the things there is I can't log in and you can ask and they can probably fix it for you.

The page I gave takes you to the pattern off site anyway so you don't to be logged in to see the page and click the link fo the free pattern. Mary

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mary - thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post. I had joined Ravelry some time ago, so I thought that they needed me to select a new password. I did tell them to send me the one I had before. I don't understand what happened but they would not accept the new one even though I had typed it twice. Anyway, I got disgusted and quit trying for the evening. I do not like to knit with two yarns,, even though that is a very pretty pattern. I think it is very confusing if you have to rip out. I spend a lot of time knitting while I ride my exercycle==kill two birds at once, you know. We have no place to buy yarn here besides Walmart, which I do not like. I just wanted to make a short but "holey one " that I could throw on while eating in a restaurant or whatever. It seems like all of the pretty ones are crochet, and I am not proficient at that.I will keep trying. I used to have a book that just showed all kinds of stitches and you could make your own pattern, but that is long gone when we did our remodeling. Thanks, Mary. Barb

• Lindsey_CA
    10 years ago

Hi, Barb,

I hope you're still checking the forum for replies. I just now saw your post, and then I did a quick Google search for "knitted bolero patterns" and this was one of the results. Since you said you wanted a "holey one," I thought this might interest you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knitted bolero

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lindsay, thanks for taking the time to reply. I did everything but stand on my head to get the instructions for this to no avail. The instructions would not print for me. Apparently I was doing something wrong. I did join the group though. Barb

• acraftylady
    10 years ago

You can get that pattern right from drops. I didn't join that site to find out why you can't print it but can print it right from drops. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: drops pattern

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks loads for answering. I never heard of Drops. Shows how much I know .I think I got it, but understanding \it and getting it done is another project for this summer. Appreciate your answers. Barb

Sponsored
Olamar Interiors
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Northern Virginia Premier Interior Designer 3x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions