Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't find pattern

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 21:41

I am looking to make a summer light weight like sweater. I want it very loosely knitted but all I can find are the crochet patterns. I can't find any knitted ones. I want it to be more or less the length of a bolero. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. From former experience with this forum it takes a long while to get an answer but I will be patient. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't find pattern

I don't knit but you also might try searching on ravelry, they have tons of knitting patterns. Here is one I found, I typed knit bolero in the search on ravelry, hope this helps. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Bolero pattern

o

I belong to Ravelry but they asked me to set a new password. I did. They had me verify it and then they won't accept it. I don't get it. And just try to get a pattern. You can't get it done. I have spent the past hour to no avail. I'm going to give up. Barb

o

Hmm I have never been asked to set a new password on ravelry that I can remember, that sounds strange to me.

Did you try where it says I forgot under log in to reset it there? Scroll all the way to the bottom of the main ravelry page and click contact us and one of the things there is I can't log in and you can ask and they can probably fix it for you.

The page I gave takes you to the pattern off site anyway so you don't to be logged in to see the page and click the link fo the free pattern. Mary

o

Mary - thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post. I had joined Ravelry some time ago, so I thought that they needed me to select a new password. I did tell them to send me the one I had before. I don't understand what happened but they would not accept the new one even though I had typed it twice. Anyway, I got disgusted and quit trying for the evening. I do not like to knit with two yarns,, even though that is a very pretty pattern. I think it is very confusing if you have to rip out. I spend a lot of time knitting while I ride my exercycle==kill two birds at once, you know. We have no place to buy yarn here besides Walmart, which I do not like. I just wanted to make a short but "holey one " that I could throw on while eating in a restaurant or whatever. It seems like all of the pretty ones are crochet, and I am not proficient at that.I will keep trying. I used to have a book that just showed all kinds of stitches and you could make your own pattern, but that is long gone when we did our remodeling. Thanks, Mary. Barb

o

Hi, Barb,

I hope you're still checking the forum for replies. I just now saw your post, and then I did a quick Google search for "knitted bolero patterns" and this was one of the results. Since you said you wanted a "holey one," I thought this might interest you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Knitted bolero

o

Lindsay, thanks for taking the time to reply. I did everything but stand on my head to get the instructions for this to no avail. The instructions would not print for me. Apparently I was doing something wrong. I did join the group though. Barb

o

You can get that pattern right from drops. I didn't join that site to find out why you can't print it but can print it right from drops. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: drops pattern

o

Thanks loads for answering. I never heard of Drops. Shows how much I know .I think I got it, but understanding \it and getting it done is another project for this summer. Appreciate your answers. Barb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here