Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
amazing star pattern

Posted by noyogirl (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 12, 09 at 20:17

i was looking thru a old quick and easy crochet book from 1991 and seen an advertisement for a amazing star afghan square any one know where i can get it thank u Teena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: amazing star pattern

I found this about Amazing Star Afghan:
I found out that the company selling this afghan pattern years ago is still in business: JAO Enterprises Inc.,
P.O. Box 547, Newark, OH 43058
They have the pattern available for $3.00 plus postage.
It's a very unusual pattern, as the star burst is formed without using a post stitch. I took a chance writing to them
after I found their street address in the Ohio yellow pages.
They sent me an envelope full of the other patterns they have too..of which I'm ordering some of them too.
Hope this helps and good luck.

o

do they havea phone number i can reach them as i live in idaho. or just send them three dollars for the pattern ? isn t it pretty. thank u Teena

o

I have that pattern. It does not list a telephone number. But an online search yielded one: (740) 522-6545.

o

thank u. Teena

o

I have that pattern also. It's very easy to do! I've made one, and as soon as I finish a baby sweater, I am making the star using the sweater color for one of the colors in the star. I think mine is just going to be white, lavender, and purple. And I paid $5.99 at a yarn shop in Columbus, OH for the pattern. Hmmm, wonder if they have a yarn shop to go with the pattern designer? I'll have to check the next time I get down that way!

Tami

o

Actually, unless you are wanting the pattern for the knit afghan as well (which I have also made and love), there is no need to purchase the pattern. It is identical to several that are free online. Here is just one of them:

Here is a link that might be useful: Round Ripple

o

I love that star pattern. The last time I made the crocheting things is when I was in High School. I made a flower and a flower vase. But unfortunately I don't know where are they know. I will again have to start from the basic. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here