Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New EZ Knitting Pattern Book at Schoolhouse Press

Posted by mimi-mac (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 17, 09 at 18:41

See that there is a new pattern book for EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket (12 pages). Now has Adult, Baby and Childs jackets together with Options for Hood, Collar etc. I wish they would print the February Jacket as they do with the one page BSJ. Would also be great if these patterns could be downloaded as postage costs to Australia are so expensive.
http://www.schoolhousepress.com/newbooks.htm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New EZ Knitting Pattern Book at Schoolhouse Press

I love knitting her BSJ and have made several. I am going to try the seamless one as soon as the extra long cable for my circular needle set arrives in the mail.

I really like some of the BSJs I have made, and others just didn't work out as well with the yarns I combined. I thing heathery variegated wools look nicest, but not for our family and not for a baby. I use easy to machine wash and dry acrylics.

o

I am like you, prefer the acrylics. Also love my KnitPicks Harmony circular needles.

An update for anyone interested: I emailed Schoolhouse Press and asked if they had any plans to "Toddlerise" the February Baby Sweater. Reply was that message would be passed on to staff member responsible - so those of us who don't have babies to knit for, we may be lucky.

o

In the new Schoolhouse Press BSJ pattern, I understand a child's size is included.

I have made toddler sized BSJs before the new pattern was available. The most recent was a size 3 with suggestions from a site someone here suggested.

I used larger needles and Red Heart Super Saver worsted for the larger size worsted yarn. At every place in the pattern where I could increase size, I did. I added length to the back flap, but I also took out the diaper ease row of 10 new stitches across the back as the intended wearer is slender and out of diapers.

I added sleeve length and width to the fronts too. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here