Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any easy-to-use free pattern website vs labor intensive?

Posted by quirkpod (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 26, 06 at 17:41

It is so hard to open each pattern just to look at the picture to see if that is what I am looking for. Are there are free pattern websites where I can click on a photo to see the pattern? When will they realize how long it takes to find anything the old way? Just giving a pattern a name does not paint a picture. A picture paints a picture! tee hee, anyone agree?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any easy-to-use free pattern website vs labor intensive?

It does take a while to go through every pattern. I think Berocco.com lets you see many at a time. Not sure where else. I spent about 30 mins., the other night going through patterns on different sites.

o

Click on the archives at the bottom of the page for more patterns:

Here is a link that might be useful: Lana Grossa patterns

o

There's any number of sites on the web. Most of them require you to register to use them. But registration is free.

There's bernat.com
and freepatterns.com

Just to name two.

o

More picture-first patterns. Depending on your internet connection, may take a while to load because of the numbers of pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garnstudio patterns

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here