Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
knitting daily

Posted by mommalin (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 10 at 17:09

This week on Knitting Daily they offered a free pattern for (Almost) Double-knit scarf.All of the pattern is not there and I can't figure it out from the info I have. It originally was published in Interweave Knits Gifts 2009.You can see the pattern at KnittingDaily.com/tv. It is listed under "on the edge".

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: knitting daily

Hi
I need some information about knitting stitches.
If I knit a blanket of various stitches & sell it, am I violating a copy rite or are knitting stitches considered to be in public domain? Any information would be helpful. Thank you

o

mikm
Knitting stitches are knitting stitches and pretty universal. It is how they are put together that makes a pattern. There might be a copywrite on the patterns being reproduced and sold as your own pattern, but that has nothing to do with the garment you produce from it.

Any pattern that is offered free on the web or in books is free to be sold as a knitted garment. If it isn't there are a lot of people in trouble.

o

What does this have to do with the question I asked? Maybe I didn't ask a question. Does anyone have this pattern?

o

Mommalin, maybe mikm misunderstood your header. I think she thought it was a general knitting topic and not the name of a site or publication. I don't knit but I'm sure someone here will be able to offer some good suggestions if not the answer.

o

mommalin, I have the magazine with the complete pattern. Email me and tell me what you are missing - maybe I can help.

Anne B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here