Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
variegated yarn

Posted by maggie4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 16:51

I have a new sweater pattern. The yarn for this is way out of my budget. The pattern was bought from LaLana Wools, pattern is called Bloomsbury Jacket. Mostly done in Granny Squares. I have been looking but I haven't come across the right site for the yarn. If you look close enough the yarn looks to me to have larger color variegated sections than most. Also I love the colors. It is also wool and I'd like to have a washable wool or a blended.

What would you suggest.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: variegated yarn

What size yarn is called for?` If it is fingering yarn, you could use sock yarn that's machine washable. I don't use wool, so I am not much help here.

o

I can think of a couple of yarns with long colorways. First is Kauni. Go to www.knit-purl.com and search for Kauni - they show small photos of the colorway changes. There was also a KAL for the Kauni cardigan and if you search on Ravelry you can find lots of knitters who have used this yarn. Kauni is not superwash.

Jojoland sells some long colorway superwash yarns, but I think it's in fingering weight. I have some Jojoland lace weight and it's lovely.

Some of the Noro yarns might be nice for your jacket.

Your jacket pattern is very pretty. Have a good time making it!

o

Tommeca -
I just fell in love with that pattern. I have made some squares with different shades of blue wool blend yarn. It is beautiful using the soft wool blends. Works up very easy. I'll check out the sites. You mention Noro and Jojoland are these sites too or can you buy this in stores. Do you know the names of the stores.
Thanks for the suggestions.

o

Claudia Hand Painted Short Sport looks like it's pretty close to what you want -- 100% Merino Wool, 50 grams/112 yds, 5-6 sts/inch, machine wash delicate. It comes in 11 colorways.

It's less than half the price of the LaLana Wools yarn -- $11.75/skein. Not cheap, of course, but not bad at all for a hand painted yarn.

You can order it online at the website below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Claudia Hand Painted Short Sport Yarn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here