Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know where i can find raffia?

Posted by kktweetie (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 13:38

I'm trying to make a bag made out of a yarn called raffia, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know of it and where i can find it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know where i can find raffia?

It's not... yarn exactly. It's that paper-type stuff that some people make dolls out of.

A simple google search for 'raffia' brings up a ton of results, most of them stores.

~ Kit

o

I've been looking, I guess not hard enough. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

KK

o

I wonder if you could find it at Michaels. Call and ask. They sell a raffia type ribbon for gifts.

o

KKTweetie - you're right, the yarn is called Raffia. It's produced by Italian yarn manufacturer Adriafil. The only online store where I could find it was a shop called Yarnopolis, located in Canada. I found several online vendors who carry Adriafil yarns, but only one that carries Raffia. You may want to contact an online shop to see if they might have it in stock, but simply not list it online (or perhaps they would be willing to order it for you).

Additionally, you might try eBay's "I want it now" feature and someone might take note of what you're looking for and be able to supply it.

The yarn looks interesting - what to you plan to make with it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here