Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Take Me Home Knit Baby Sweater

Posted by luvstakwilt (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 13:04

I am looking for a pattern that was called "Take Me Home" baby sweater. My Mother-in-law made two for my children almost 40 years ago. The pattern was from a company in Malden, MA or that area. It was just the right size for a 6-9 pound baby to come home in and not look lost! The one she made for my children had a small collar and crochet around the edge of at least the collar and possible down the
front.

I have a baby shower to go to on July 12 and would love to make a sweater that will fit a newborn. It doesn't have to be exactly this pattern and I really don't care if it has a collar (gets in the way) but I do want it to have buttons and no ribbons (get in the baby's face)

If anyone has a pattern that will fit this description or size I would love to have a copy of your pattern.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this project.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Take Me Home Knit Baby Sweater

Often I've used a small sized pattern and made it in very fine yarn....this generally will turn out a very small sweater. I have a pattern called Knitted Seamless Raglans, 9 mo to size 50 that I've used..it's by leisure Arts. However, I'd think any small pattern would do. If it doesn't appear to be going to be as small as you want it, start over with smaller needles...there's so little actual knitting in these little garments that you can afford to start over any number of times. This pattern starts at the neck and works down, which is good, as you can gauge if it'll be small enough pretty easily.

o

I made a small Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket that came out in small using sport weight yarn. The sleeves need to be made a little longer before you sew them up. You can find her pattern by ordering it online (Google it) or in some of her books. Try the library.

o

Send me your E-mail addy. I have pattern.
JJKnitter@verizon.net

o

could I please have the pattern for the take me home sweater thanks bevinpa@yahoo.com

o

I'd also like the pattern for the baby sweater. Have a new baby due in our family in a couple months.

Pat

patetc@gmail.com

o

I have a pattern the sweater is very tiny but adorable if you would like I can mail a copy

o

I have the pattern for the Take Me Home Sweater, but I seem to be having a tough time making it come out right. I had the original pattern and tried to put it in a word document and must have messed it up. Could you please send me a copy of it? The original must be in my mother's stash somewhere. Being 82 she forgets where things are. I just took out the pattern as we know someone having twins and the shower will be in December so thought I'd better start the sweaters. Thanks

o

Hi Diane,
I have the pattern for Take Me Home Baby Set and need
your E-mail addy. so I can send copy.
JJKnitter@verizon.net

o

I have lost my Take Me Home set directions, also. Could you send me a copy. My email address is ljag29@aol.com p.s. My mom made it for my daughter 30 years ago and she would like for her baby due in June. Thank you so much

o

could I please have the pattern thanks bevinpa@yahoo.com

o

to: Bevinpa,
Tried to send pattern to you but won't go thru. Keep getting
message on computer saying error.
If you want send me your snail address and be happy to
mail pattern to you.
JJKnitter@verizon.net

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here