Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstakwilt

Take Me Home Knit Baby Sweater

luvstakwilt
15 years ago

I am looking for a pattern that was called "Take Me Home" baby sweater. My Mother-in-law made two for my children almost 40 years ago. The pattern was from a company in Malden, MA or that area. It was just the right size for a 6-9 pound baby to come home in and not look lost! The one she made for my children had a small collar and crochet around the edge of at least the collar and possible down the

front.

I have a baby shower to go to on July 12 and would love to make a sweater that will fit a newborn. It doesn't have to be exactly this pattern and I really don't care if it has a collar (gets in the way) but I do want it to have buttons and no ribbons (get in the baby's face)

If anyone has a pattern that will fit this description or size I would love to have a copy of your pattern.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this project.

Comments (17)

• sandra_ferguson
    15 years ago

Often I've used a small sized pattern and made it in very fine yarn....this generally will turn out a very small sweater. I have a pattern called Knitted Seamless Raglans, 9 mo to size 50 that I've used..it's by leisure Arts. However, I'd think any small pattern would do. If it doesn't appear to be going to be as small as you want it, start over with smaller needles...there's so little actual knitting in these little garments that you can afford to start over any number of times. This pattern starts at the neck and works down, which is good, as you can gauge if it'll be small enough pretty easily.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    15 years ago

I made a small Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket that came out in small using sport weight yarn. The sleeves need to be made a little longer before you sew them up. You can find her pattern by ordering it online (Google it) or in some of her books. Try the library.

• jjknitter
    15 years ago

Send me your E-mail addy. I have pattern.
    JJKnitter@verizon.net

• bevinpa
    15 years ago

could I please have the pattern for the take me home sweater thanks bevinpa@yahoo.com

• patetc
    15 years ago

I'd also like the pattern for the baby sweater. Have a new baby due in our family in a couple months.

Pat

patetc@gmail.com

• evelynmorin_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I have a pattern the sweater is very tiny but adorable if you would like I can mail a copy

• Diane1111
    12 years ago

I have the pattern for the Take Me Home Sweater, but I seem to be having a tough time making it come out right. I had the original pattern and tried to put it in a word document and must have messed it up. Could you please send me a copy of it? The original must be in my mother's stash somewhere. Being 82 she forgets where things are. I just took out the pattern as we know someone having twins and the shower will be in December so thought I'd better start the sweaters. Thanks

• jjknitter
    12 years ago

Hi Diane,
    I have the pattern for Take Me Home Baby Set and need
    your E-mail addy. so I can send copy.
    JJKnitter@verizon.net

• lgknitter
    12 years ago

I have lost my Take Me Home set directions, also. Could you send me a copy. My email address is ljag29@aol.com p.s. My mom made it for my daughter 30 years ago and she would like for her baby due in June. Thank you so much

• bevinpa
    12 years ago

could I please have the pattern thanks bevinpa@yahoo.com

• jjknitter
    12 years ago

to: Bevinpa,
    Tried to send pattern to you but won't go thru. Keep getting
    message on computer saying error.
    If you want send me your snail address and be happy to
    mail pattern to you.
    JJKnitter@verizon.net

• mctot99
    8 years ago

Hi jjknitter could you please send me a copy of take me home pattern? I had it but I can't find it anywhere and I have a baby coming to the family in August. I would really appreciate your help. My email is mctot99@gmail.com. Thank you

• paisley70222
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Paisley702@sbcglobal.net

Hi, mctot99@gmail.com, I too am looking for the pattern for the Take Me Home sweater pattern. My granddaughter and niece are both having little girls, one in June and the other in July and I would love to make them one for their shower in April. If you received the pattern, would you be willing to send me a copy? I am very happy to learn that the pattern is still around and am very grateful to you to consider sharing with me... Many thanks and Best wishes

• Barb Conrad
    7 years ago

Whoever has the pattern and has time to send it. My email is bconrad816@Comcast.net. Need to make two. My sincere thanks. Barb

• HU-362907886
    3 years ago

If anyone of you ladies still have the pattern for this sweater, which I have lost, would appreciate if you could send it to me at Momcrs@hargray.com

thank you so much!

• User
    3 years ago

HU-362907886, I recently found the pattern, which is one of my Grandmother's favorites, and would be glad to email it to you. If anyone else still doesn't have it, then I can email it to you too!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH
More Discussions