Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Macrame cord info needed

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 10:20

I make many scubbies for our church bazaar fom macrame cord. The store we normally buy from, doesn't seem to be able to get it anymore. We call it 2 ply but every place I look on the internet has it listed in "mm" from 2, to 4, to 6. Has anyone any idea what I should be looking for? I'm in Canada, so would like to be able to find a supplier in Canada to make shipping easier.

any info appreciated.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Macrame cord info needed

Google the brand name and such off the package you have and maybe you can find it that way. Macrame cord is very thick and heavy, didn't think it would be good for scrubbies. I made plant hangers with it back in the day and my Mom still has them. Mary!

o

Good idea, except I don't have any of the wrappers.

o

Hope it is not jute like the original macrames from the 70's. Surely you are using some type of nylon or polyester cording. For scrubbies I'd use the smallest or 2mm. size. Just measure the thickness of the string you are using now, and get something close. The "mm" stands for millimeters on a metric ruler.

-Babka

o

I measured it and it appears that it is 2 mm. No, it is not jute. It comes in all colors and is really nice. I like the nylon netting scrubbies better but that has got quite expensive in Canada and it takes quite a bit of time to cut it and is very hard on old fingers to crochet. People are buying the macrame ones quickly, so as long as they sell, that is the important thing.

o

Never heard of it but wold be curious to see it. Have not seen anything like that here in the states. Maybe the place you ordered from can give you a brand name and company from the packaging. Mary

o

I have seen some really rough rug yarn. Check that out at the store next time you go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here