Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

Rmember the old afghan kits? Help!

tami_ohio
16 years ago

When my mom started crocheting, the only way she could buy what she needed was in kit form. She only did the "ripple" crochet afghan. She later learned to do one or two more patterns, but she usually stuck to the ripple. She is 71 and due to age, meds, or who knows what, has gotten it into her head that she can't make the ripple afghan without the "original" pattern. I have counted out the stitches and re-written the pattern from several of the the existing afghans, but she just can't get it right and is stuck on finding her pattern. She had one for a full size and one she got, I think, from J C Murphy Co. for a baby afghan she made while pregnant with me. All her ripples are single crochet.

Please, does anyone have those patterns? If I can find them for her, she will be very greatful, and so will I! I have been working on this for almost a year now. She managed to do one baby afghan from what I wrote down last summer, tho it turned out a bit smaller than the original. Now she can't even find that pattern. She has been tearing the house apart looking and driving dad & I crazy about this. I would be happy to pay for the patterns and postage if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Tami

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions