Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for small Sesame Street patterns

Posted by lucyhayes49 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 08 at 9:49

I would like to find a knitting pattern for cookie monster, Oscar the Grouch, or Elmo. I want to try to make a sweater for my 2 year old grandson. I have some cross stitch graphs, but they are too big for a small sweater, and I'm not sure how to "shrink" the size to fit a sweater. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for small Sesame Street patterns

I have used the PhotobucketElmo for a small sweater - Shona's graphs are 32x32 so depending on your yarn you should be fine

Here is a link that might be useful: Shona's Place

o

Thanks, profsusan, the photo looks do-able, and I'm going to give it a try. Some of the other patterns look fun to try too. I appreciate it!!

o

What an adorable sweater!!! I know where to get the graph but is the sweater on a website that I can get my hands on too?? I just love it and would love to make one for my grandson too...If it could be done for a little guy size 2. thanks for sharing.

o

Use the one stitch pattern from Lion Brand - a one piece sweater. Here's the link to the knit version. My Elmo is a size three for a 2 year old - she's tiny so it is big but will be great in the fall. I used Caron Simply Soft for the sweater. They have some great colors. I've also made the sweater plain in grape for her younger sister - figured she had enough pink and wanted something bright. Have also used the lemonade and berry blue. We're in the northeast so a 4ply yarn is used more often. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lion Brand One-Stitch Sweater

o

Thanks so much, but I am hoping that they have the one stitch pattern in crochet, I cannot knit!! :( Too many thumbs for knitting, and since I hold one knitting needle under my arm I look like a wounded bird...lol lol lol I tried some lessons a long time ago, but agreed with the instructor, that crocheting is more for me...Thanks again, love this forum...

o

send me an email and I will share my crochet version

o

I'm looking for a pattern for sesame street sweaters. I'm not much of a knitter, but I'd like to be! I have a 1 and a 1/2 year old and I'd love to make him a sweater!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here