Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Estes Park Wool Market

Posted by tommysmommy (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 9:27

I went to my first wool market yesterday in Estes Park. I've been knitting for about 3 years. It was so much fun to see all the critters that produce the beautiful fibers - especially the little cria whose fiber felt like clouds! A cria is a baby alpaca, and this one was no bigger than a small fawn. Angora rabbits, sheep of all types, goats, llamas, even yaks were on display! There was a tent for shopping and as tempting as all the beautiful alpaca and wool yarns were, I found a booth which sold yarns you don't find much in the store, gorgeous hand-dyed hanks of non-animal fibers that I couldn't resist. Go to www.interlacementsyarn.com to see their wares. You'll be astounded! $150 worth came home with me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Estes Park Wool Market

I'm confused, that link took me to a cement/concrete site. It says Welcome to interlacementsyarn.com, but they advertise cement products. Is it just me?

Tommysmommy, the wool market sounds interesting. I would love to see it. Of course the location is enough for me to want to go, I love Estes Park.

o
RE: Estes Park Wool Market

Sorry, try www.interlacementsyarns.com (adding the s to yarn) and that should bring you to the right site. It was a beautiful day to go up there, and when you see the town from the "highway" and begin to descend, it's just breathtaking. Two hour drive from Denver, but worth it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here