Return to the Knitting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crochet help on baby blanket

Posted by msmmom (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 9:08

Hi, I'm making a baby blanket and the base of it starts with a granny square.

Rnd 1: Ch3, 2 dc in ring, (ch4, 3dc, in ring) 3 times, ch 2, hdc in first dc to form last ch-4 space.

Rnd 2-8: Ch 3, dc in last ch-4 space made in and in each dc to corner, * (2dc, ch4, 2dc) in corrner, dc in each to corner* 2 times more, Here's where my problem starts 2 dc in same sp as first dc, hdc in first dc to form last ch-4 space.

What is the same space as first dc? Then what do they mean by hdc in first dc?

Help! I'm so confused.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crochet help on baby blanket

In round 1, instead aof a ch4 space at the end, you are told to only ch2, and then hdc in the top of the first dc from your beginning. This puts your working loop right at the center of a space that is equal to a ch4 space.

On rounds 2-8 you are told to ch3, then dc in the last ch4 space made, which is the one you just made by chaining 2 and making that hdc into the top of the first dc (which is actually a ch3), then dc in each stitch to the corner. You then make a shell (2dc, ch4, 2dc) in the corner, then dc to the next corner, shell, etc. The last shell was actually started at the beginning of your round by a ch3 and dc in the space you created with the hdc on the previous round. That is where you will make the last 2 dc, then hdc in the first dc of that round (actually this will be a ch3 (which is usually a substitute for the first dc of a round).

I think that the way I described it is probably more confusing than the actual instructions, but hopefully there is something in there that will help.

o
RE: Crochet help on baby blanket

Don 't read ahead, but just do it, one step at a time. It will all come out ok, assuming the directions don't have a misprint. You will discover for yourself just what Donna is describing here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Knitting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here